Any Fishermen????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a real good pic but here is 1 of my better Lizard catches :) .................................................Ron

- - - Updated - - -

And 1 more i forgot :) ...............................................Ron

Attachments

• xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 114
  • flathead.jpg
    flathead.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 108
Not a real good pic but here is 1 of my better Lizard catches :) .................................................Ron

- - - Updated - - -

And 1 more i forgot :) ...............................................Ron
Some good fish there mate.

I'm heading up to Cairns tomorrow for 5 days and this thread has made me even more determined to catch some really big trophies :D

Some good fish there mate.
the bigger 1 was 7.9kg and is hopefully still swimming around somewhere in Port Macquarie, the smaller 1 from the newspaper unfortunately i got brow beaten by my fatherinlaw into taking home, the big females deserve to live in my opinion. :) .........................................Ron

- - - Updated - - -

I'm heading up to Cairns tomorrow for 5 days and this thread has made me even more determined to catch some really big trophies :D
I have done well at night where the Charter boats are moored in Cairns Harbour for some very large (up to 3.5kg) fingermark on live Prawns, just gotta be carefull not to hookup any of the huge Estuary Cod that are in residence there. If you are really keen the same place fires up pretty well at first light for some healthy size Mangrove Jack on hard bodies and soft plastics. You will notice i have not mentioned Barramundi, thats coz i reckon they are overated and alot of lost fishing opportunitys are wasted trying fruitlessly to catch them around Cairns, but i reckon once you get a 2kg + Fingermark or Mangrove Jack on the line you will forget Barra even exist. :) ...........................................Ron

I do a bit of kayak fishing, mostly out in Port Phillip Bay.
But have been a bit lazy this winter.

Finally got round to putting some pics up.

Mostly im catching flatties / pinkies / herring ect
Thought id just put some of the ones I had fun getting in the Yak.

(all caught about 2k out from Werribee South from a Kayak!)

DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
IMG_2086.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2065m.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I do a bit of fishing, here is some randoms.

2 hour dive sesh, biggest cray was 3.5kg
cray.jpg

Hammer head that took a mackeral bait
hammer.jpg

Mulloway
jew.jpg

Random shark (get heaps of these off the reef stealing our fish)
shark.jpg

3.5kg sootie grunter
sootie.jpg

Small Spaniard
span.jpg

More randoms from spearfishing
trout.jpg

Sharks where released.

I love fishing but never get the time to go out, spearfishing more than normal fishing at the moment though :D

I'm awful at fishing, but a guy I know caught a 128cm, 13kg Spanish Mac from a kayak which I found pretty impressive. He has a video somewhere

No huge catches here but I have some interesting pics from random fishing trips

Friendly sea lion
6g3wa.jpg

Big bluering friend almost stuck his hand in
6g3xC.jpg

Stargazer - caught one wayyy bigger than this but can't find the pics atm, for such an ugly fish these taste amazing.
6g3AW.JPG

Seaweed mohawk
6g3D9.JPG

Cute baby cuttlefish (safely released)
6g3Fn.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back