New enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irbz_27

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a pic of this enclosure I knocked up today...
A quick trial run...
peqygyqe.jpg

And the finished version. Well not completely, just gotta get the glass on Monday.

narega3u.jpg

Making another the same tomorrow. It is 6x2x2, made from shady oak melamine. Cost me about $100 so far, glass about $85. Pretty happy with that.

Just wondering people's thoughts, as I'm planning on making more of these the same. If stacking them, say 3 high, would I be best to put something in between like polystyrene to insulate it so as the heat doesn't go through to the enclosure above?

vu4ugega.jpg

Finished and occupied...
I'm pretty happy with the end product, and it appears super snake likes the new digs too... Good result

I'm looking on my phone (tiny screen) can't see if u have any cages around the lights?? It looks good tho

Just thought I'd throw this one up too. Nothing special, made from bits left over from the last one (made a few mistakes with the cuts) and some glass that I had lying around. Was about to throw the timber out. Lucky I didn't. Happy with the result as it was only meant to be a quick slap together job...
mu4a5uby.jpg

Did you get the guys at bunnings to cut the wood. If so did you just tell them what dimensions you wanted or how did that work?

Nah cut it my self. Only cause the machines were down at bunnings... So much easier when they can do it. When I've got cuts done at bunnings though I've just worked out lengths first and given them that. I don't think half of them would be able to work it out if I gave them the enclosure dimensions

Yeh wow I didn't realize that they would cut panels to size. Last time I asked they pretty much told me they only do rough cuts of wood primarily so that people can fit the wood in their cars. Good to know. Thanks.

Sometimes the cuts are far from square and up to 10mm out. For me it doesnt come close to being usable in that state. I add about 10-20mm to the dimensions then trim it down to square and to size with my circular saw then my router. I am way too fussy though. I dont like being more than half a mm out. Thats the fun part of OCD but my enclosures are nice and tidy. If you want something done right, do it yourself : ) you cant beat cnc routed though, 100% accurate but comes with an appropriate price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back