How big do womas get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit_fox

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody

i have been wanting to get a woma for a while, but don't know how big they get. On snake ranch they say that they only get to 1.5m, but I've seen dozens which are over 2.20m... So what's the real average length?

cheers, jazeew :)

Different locales get to different sizes. I dare say 1.5 meters is an average with some locales larger and some smaller. Tanamis will generally hit around 1.5 metres.

Pilbara womas seem to be the smallest form rarely exceeding 4 feet, SA womas can get to 8-10 feet, southern QLD womas get to around 7 feet, Tannamis around 5 feet.

Thanks riffherper and trueblue for the info :)
I think I try and get the tan, can't afford anything to big

I also saw a guy selling de gray womas on the central coast. They rarely reach over a meter, they aren't as common however might be a locale worth looking at.

I swear mine is still growing at 5yrs old approx 1.7mtr and 2.8kgs but she is also the perfect tempermant :)

Apparently, and I will stand corrected but the Woma's out of De Grey station are the smallest which as per the below are in the Pilbara region.

De Grey Station is a pastoral lease formerly a sheep station and now a cattle station approximately 80 kilometres east of Port Hedland on the mouth of the De Grey River in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia.
[MENTION=37197]Riffherper[/MENTION] - yeah Bob Withey has a large collection for sale at the moment. I was chasing one of his De Grey's and still am but he isn't willing to freight which I understand as he has been suffering ill health.

De Greys are the same as Boodaries, both pilbara womas just off a different station. ie, De Gray station, and Boodarie station.

My tanamis seems to have slowed down growth a lot and are at about 1.2m at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back