who's excited for their new hatchie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdav70

I thought i'd make a post for everyone out there who are looking forward to a new hatchie this season.

It's around that time of year when lots of clutches are hatched and approaching their first feeds/sloughs.

Who else out there has made contact with a breeder and are eagerly awaiting the call to come and pick the little one up? and what are you getting?

My click clack is fully set up and waiting, and the anticipation is killing me!

Not much for me this year. Some more Jullatens, a couple of albino Darwins, a tiger jungle or two, a super caramel and maybe a JJ. :)

I thought i'd make a post for everyone out there who are looking forward to a new hatchie this season.

It's around that time of year when lots of clutches are hatched and approaching their first feeds/sloughs.

Who else out there has made contact with a breeder and are eagerly awaiting the call to come and pick the little one up? and what are you getting?

My click clack is fully set up and waiting, and the anticipation is killing me!
U not said what u getting yet ha ha

Not much for me this year. Some more Jullatens, a couple of albino Darwins, a tiger jungle or two, a super caramel and maybe a JJ. :)

haha just a lazy few there

- - - Updated - - -

U not said what u getting yet ha ha

I am happy to say i'm getting my first snake, a wheatbelt stimmy :)
super excited, feels like i've been reading and researching FOREVER. funnily enough, 20 mins after i posted this, the breeder emailed me saying they've taken their first feed and will be ready to go after the next one. super happy!

We already have our two little hatchies for this year. A woma and a pygmy. They are both awesome.

haha just a lazy few there

- - - Updated - - -

I am happy to say i'm getting my first snake, a wheatbelt stimmy :)
super excited, feels like i've been reading and researching FOREVER. funnily enough, 20 mins after i posted this, the breeder emailed me saying they've taken their first feed and will be ready to go after the next one. super happy!

Really? Selling after only the second feed. I only sell after hatchlings are established which is generally after at least 6 feeds and 2 or 3 sheds. I guess what im saying is dont rush into getting him, better to get him properly established first.

I have a little olive hatchie coming my way in the next few weeks, a beautiful little girl.
Just love big snakes....can't wait to record her progress over time and watching her grow, it is going to be awesome!

Really? Selling after only the second feed. I only sell after hatchlings are established which is generally after at least 6 feeds and 2 or 3 sheds. I guess what im saying is dont rush into getting him, better to get him properly established first.
Totally agree... I've received 2 stimi's off one of the biggest breeders and were established and growing and still were quite fussy .. But came good with a lot of patience... [MENTION=38538]bdav70[/MENTION] don't even contemplate taking a hatchie stimi on until various feeds and sheds.. As spoken by senator358

- - - Updated - - -

No room for me at the mo but I'm sure I'll pick sumat up lol

I'm attempting to find some 'plain' (Not het for albino) olive hatchies in SA...very unlikely but I'm hoping I can find some or at least get a gorgeous lil' fella freighted down! I have a rather large click clack set up and waiting for when I find my new scale baby :)

I'm getting my first python this year when its ready, I know what you mean bdav the waiting is killing me lol :) I've got my click clack all set up and I've organised a good breeder so around the end of the month or the start of next month I should be able to go pick it up :)

Btw its a jungle :)

I'm watching out for any female Cape Yorks ... Fingers crossed !!!

My macs had obviously been up to no good and ended up santa gave me 14 hatchies I wasnt expecting for christmas.... so I am up to my ears in little, cute maccies:lol:

Why I would generally not sell a hatchling until it's had a few good feeds and 2 sloughs it is best based on the snakes alone. Some hatchies will reluctantly feed a after annoying it and some will grab it immediately once they see/smell it. Regardless of how many feeds it has had I would sell the latter before the reluctant feeder. If it's had two feeds like that consistently that is better than 10 feeds the other way.

In saying that wheatbelt hatchies can be quiet picky and I've had some feed well the first week and not so good the next. I generally hold onto any stimmies a little longer than other Antaresia to be sure as they can be finicky.

I hope to get some new childrens pythons in a month or two.

Last edited:
I just picked up 4 Chrissy pressies to myself... 2 hatchie banded knobtails, and 2 hatchie Pygmy beardies.... Very happy :D

7903_444387818996626_694238538_n.jpg

we are reasonably happy with these little darings

I know for a fact that this hatchling wont be going anywhere until it has a solid feed history full recorded! :) None of our lines leave without such :)

No no, the breeder said he will be selling once 'a solid feed history has been established', I didn't relay the info properly. Recommended breeder from a very experienced friend of mine who works in the biz. I'm not going to rush it, but i certainly am looking forward to it! :)

- - - Updated - - -

we are reasonably happy with these little darings

is that a bowl of squid ink linguini? haha

they look great

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the cautions and recommendations by the way guys! and looking forward to seeing your new hatchies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back