Anyone with womas please help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brock98

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ever since I got my first snake my collection of reptiles has grown (slowly) I currently own 2 darwin carpets one being an albino , and as my next snake I would absolutely love to own a woma as someone brought one into work one day and I have just been hooked since! I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a few pointers? Also feel free to post photos as I would love to see yours!
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Any specific questions? I've been breeding them for a couple of years now.

Hi thanks for replying! just regarding temperament (ive herd some are quite bitey even at age) I know when there babies im ganna get bit but just general info on them ,also anything interesting about them, and what and do you prefer any specific local woma? (If you know what I mean)
And cage specifics that you would recomend, wood or glass cage? . :)

- - - Updated - - -

P.s sorry if I dont reply I am in another state and I am dropping in and out of reception. :/

I have a half dozen womas. All different ages. Only two have ever bitten me and only one of those, a juvenile, I would say is 'bitey' although she is calming down with size and age. The other that has bitten me were all feeding responses due to me not upping the food size quickly enough.

All the rest are easy to handle and I would recommend to a beginner. I've found as hatchies they are more likely to head butt in defence rather than actually bite.

All up they are very easy to keep.

Very easy to keep and mine are very placid (I keep tanami womas.) They are very easy to keep and are probably my favorites personality wise in my collection. As stated earlier when young they do like to headbutt in defence when young.

I have a half dozen womas. All different ages. Only two have ever bitten me and only one of those, a juvenile, I would say is 'bitey' although she is calming down with size and age. The other that has bitten me were all feeding responses due to me not upping the food size quickly enough.

All the rest are easy to handle and I would recommend to a beginner. I've found as hatchies they are more likely to head butt in defence rather than actually bite.

All up they are very easy to keep.

Ok thank you so much! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very easy to keep and mine are very placid (I keep tanami womas.) They are very easy to keep and are probably my favorites personality wise in my collection. As stated earlier when young they do like to headbutt in defence when young.

Ok thanks so much :)

I'm a novice owner (1.5 yrs) and my Tanami Woma is the best of my three snakes. He's active, interesting and very very placid. They seem a bit less advanced than their more evolved carpet cousins and have trouble finding the right end of a rat! Makes me laugh sometimes.
He's so placid I can help him shed when he has bits left on.
Waylon is a big guy (1.5m) and my 5 year old can touch him under the nose without him rearing back and she handles him beautifully. Another good aspect is they don't seem to climb and try and get off you like Carpets do, which make sthema bit easier to have out.
Mine live in a converted TV unit.
I like the Woma so much I'm going to give my two carpets away and just keep him.

If you guys have any photos of cages / setups or any other usefull info please share..I wasnt expecting the head banging though!

Redfox,-
Watch out for the couple that you are getting off me, they dont get handled at all they are used for breeding. They will try and eat anything, including humans. lol.

I'm a novice owner (1.5 yrs) and my Tanami Woma is the best of my three snakes. He's active, interesting and very very placid. They seem a bit less advanced than their more evolved carpet cousins and have trouble finding the right end of a rat! Makes me laugh sometimes.
He's so placid I can help him shed when he has bits left on.
Waylon is a big guy (1.5m) and my 5 year old can touch him under the nose without him rearing back and she handles him beautifully. Another good aspect is they don't seem to climb and try and get off you like Carpets do, which make sthema bit easier to have out.
Mine live in a converted TV unit.
I like the Woma so much I'm going to give my two carpets away and just keep him.
Hmm I now really really wanna get one! :) thanks

image.jpg
And some like to be a rocket shop coming out of their bags in the airport.
Ive found them to be the most curious snakes, and sometimes they are simply curious with their teeth.
Fantastic snake though.

My Tanami is my fav of my two pythons. She was my first snake and was just a delight from day one. Never bitten, very placid and inquisitive. Since she was my first; she copped all of my mistakes and again; never made much fuss. She's been dropped, my daughter tripped over her, tried to "feed" (more like pour) yoghurt on her and it never seemed to faze her.
I wouldn't part with her for all the money in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thankypu so much everyone , I am super keen for when I get one please post photos of your collections I wpuld love to see them! Thanks again , when I get one ill post a couple of photos! :)

Redfox,-
Watch out for the couple that you are getting off me, they dont get handled at all they are used for breeding. They will try and eat anything, including humans. lol.

:)

I must admit when I buy pythons I don't tend to ask how they handle, as handling isn't very important to me. With my lot they are lucky to get handled once every few weeks.Just sounds like your pair will be extra fun.

My little psycho female has become one of my favourites, although like I said she seems to be calming with age and size.

The rest are just naturally placid (and not very bright) animals.

I believe every collection should have at least one woma but then as reptalica said us woma owners, are a very biased lot.

+1, 2, 3 on the comments re womas. My favourite snake and the one I will let visitors handle.. More sucks food down than attacking it.

My Tanami is my fav of my two pythons. She was my first snake and was just a delight from day one. Never bitten, very placid and inquisitive. Since she was my first; she copped all of my mistakes and again; never made much fuss. She's been dropped, my daughter tripped over her, tried to "feed" (more like pour) yoghurt on her and it never seemed to faze her.
I wouldn't part with her for all the money in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto lol my woma was my first and copped my inexperience. Still going strong and the coolest dude ever :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of adult tanami womas I'm considering selling. I'm reluctant to sell them though because I love them, and have doubts about some of the owners I've sold hatchlings to in the past. The female is just an angel to handle, and about as placid as a snake can get.

The male displays typical woma behaviour and attitudes. Wags his tail when put with the female and bobs his head to taunt you if he's hungry. He needs to realise there's no food on offer before handling him, but after that he is fine.

I'd like to breed them but the time it takes could be more costly than the return. Male pictured. Female has more predominant black over the eyes.

Male Woma..jpg

I opened my boys tub the other day to find him eating his newspaper... you can't touch anywhere on him without him biting. Some are wonderful some have a death wish haha

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back