PLEASE help with my bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzpej

Reaction score
He is 2 years old and skinny, I have had him for 3 months. He used to eat 20-30 crickets a day but now he only eats 5-8. He has always been skinny but I would like to get him to eat more and fatten him up. How?

Do you offer fruit & veg everyday ? you can also give them once a month or a couple times a month fuzzy or pinkie mice/rats.

I do offer fruit and veg everyday but he was not introduced to it by his previous owner and occasionally eats it from tweezers, and he's only 25cm long so would a fuzzy cause impaction

Try feeding woodies instead of crickets and maybe a couple of meal worms as these sometimes help stimulate appetite.

What about your setup
What temperatures are you running?
What uv are you using and when did you last replace it?
What substrate?

I do offer fruit and veg everyday but he was not introduced to it by his previous owner and occasionally eats it from tweezers, and he's only 25cm long so would a fuzzy cause impaction
well feed it pinkies then i said that as i dont know how big your dragon is some can eat them some cant

When you say skinny, have you weighed the animal?

Do you gut load the crickets prior to feeding them out? If you do feed woodies and mealworms these need to be gut loaded also. This always seems to be over looked!

Agree with fractal man what temps, UV, and when was it replaced?

Nothing beats the real thing when it comes to getting UV, so try giving the beardy natural sunlight for a couple of hours a day. I've seen some animals have a dramatic kind of pick me up after receiving natural sun light!

What about your setup
What temperatures are you running?
What uv are you using and when did you last replace it?
What substrate?
These are the questions you need to be answering 1st. The most important being what is your basking temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back