Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My .
My kids hate this generation cause the cop my lectures (rants)from me after dealing with gen y apprentices and how if they turn out like that I will beat them.

I agree , and you cant even lock an apprentice in a freezer anymore without an official complaint against you --Don't even think about setting an apron string on fire - that will leave a permanent scar in their tiny minds .:lol:

Even sending them down to the hardware store for a long weight makes them come back to the site in tears.:rolleyes:

Apprentices today do not appreciate the genius of the older minds.

I got sent for a long weight..... I went Herping and turned my phone off. Came back to work the next day

Ok so back to this newbie stuff

just looked on another thread with questions from a newb --- All answered by .............................................Newbs !!!! or at least new to APS . As I have said previously I have been keeping herps for 40 odd years but still don't know everything (much ) . These guys know less and give some interesting information to new keepers , based on their short history :shock:

Yeah when I got my hatchie I wanted to just double check something about her tank and I got berated about not doing research. Which I had done, I was just making double sure. Kinda made me hesitant from asking for help again I can tell ya. Lol

Yeah when I got my hatchie I wanted to just double check something about her tank and I got berated about not doing research. Which I had done, I was just making double sure. Kinda made me hesitant from asking for help again I can tell ya. Lol

You got two pages worth of advice by people trying to guide you in the right direction and only one person having a dig about researching before getting a reptile.Why would one negative comment out of all the others make you hesitant about asking questions in the future?

i think the problem is to these so called "experienced" people are not as experienced as they seem to think and get cranky when "newbies" correct them and are right! people seem to judge to quick when saying newbie! just because they sign up on APS 5-6 years after the so called "experienced" people does not make them newbies in the reptile world when in actual fact they have been working with reptiles alot longer then most "experienced" people i have talked to people on here that have been members on this site for a month and know more then people that have been on here 3-4 years! people just shouldnt be so quick to judge.

i think the problem is to these so called "experienced" people are not as experienced as they seem to think and get cranky when "newbies" correct them and are right! people seem to judge to quick when saying newbie! just because they sign up on APS 5-6 years after the so called "experienced" people does not make them newbies in the reptile world when in actual fact they have been working with reptiles alot longer then most "experienced" people i have talked to people on here that have been members on this site for a month and know more then people that have been on here 3-4 years! people just shouldnt be so quick to judge.

You know nothing haha

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

No its the way people say it. They make it sound like you are stupid and its like oh, okay well I know nothing. You know what I mean? I'm passed that now though. Its just very kind of..... I dunno. People here are rough. Lol

No its the way people say it. They make it sound like you are stupid and its like oh, okay well I know nothing. You know what I mean? I'm passed that now though. Its just very kind of..... I dunno. People here are rough. Lol

It's not always people being condescending (I am guilty of it though) it's just that tone isn't passed through text.

Yeah I know it's difficult to get tone of voice into text. But yeah. I dunno I just wasnt used to it I guess.

Sometimes the truth hurts, I didn't see the thread you are talking about beans but if someone tells you to do your research before you get an animal then its not really a negative thing its just the truth.

You have to remember people that have been here a long time would of seen hundreds of threads about injured and sick animals that are the result of poor husbandry or lack of knowledge and that could have been prevented by the keeper doing their research. Even if they are rude to you its just out of frustration and its nothing personal against you.

RedFox sorry I read your post wrong the other day :)

What newhere is saying is right. I've only been on aps for a few months and already I have seen posts by people which are basically 'hey, just wanted to know everything I should know about spotted pythons, what temps what do they eat, oh and how big do they grow' . And I always think 'really? You don't have two minutes to read a care sheet before you post that??' It comes across as lazy and this sort of thing is usually the cause for rude replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had done my research I was just making doubly sure from people with xp in hatchies. Doesn't mean I didn't look into it at all. I had previously watch tons of vids on youtube and looked on here about click clacks which I knew nothing about at the time.

Most genuinely want advice, and a lot of first time keepers do just need that reassurance :) reading so much information can be daunting and a little confusing. At the end of the day we all do have a common interest, sometimes we just need to be more patient and remember our own first foray into reptile keeping. This little hobby has turned into a full blown passion for me and brings me joy each day. I do recommend reading as many good herp books as possible, because you never know it all. There are so many experienced reptile keepers on here, and they have so much to offer newcomers. Some can get tetchy, but who cares as long as you are learning something ;)

My biggest word of advice to a newbie on this site is to observe and as many threads as you can to get the feel of how things work and what people are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back