Egg problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondragon

Reaction score
I was trying to clean the sand off my geckos eggs and I pierced the shell like the size of a pin is there any chance they will be ok

You can generally patch it up using gauze or candle wax. I've not pierced them myself in the last but I've patched up a friends with wax and it hatched fine.

In future don't bother trying to remove the sand attached to gecko eggs. They incubate fine with sand stuck to them. You're really going to risk putting hot candle wax on the egg to cover a pin hole sided hole? I'd just position the egg hole side up and let nature take its course. Just my opinion...

Surgical tape works well. available at any chemist.

It's on the top of the egg so that's a bonus I felt like the sand was drying them out I'm using sims tubs with no holes in container and the temps are around 28c-30c even on hot days it sits on about that I don't understand why they dry out when I only open them once a week

- - - Updated - - -

Surgical tape works well. available at any chemist.
Is that the white kind see through one

Yeah, its white and kind of see thru. The chemist will assist you with the right tape, just tell him what its for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back