Hissing Darwin Carpet Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bronni

Hi all,

I have had a browse through previous posts regarding this but have not found a definitive answer.

I have had my carpet python for 3 days now (yay!) and have got him out for a play the last 2 days. He did belong to a friend before me and is 7 yo. Friendly and calm.

After handling him for a little while, it is possible to hear him exhaling every now and then. I also sat down on my bed with him around my waist and he relaxed and remained still. I could easily hear every exhalation at this point and wondered why this would be. He seemed very relaxed and chilled and I think it was more of just breathing rather than hissing. Does anyone know what this is about? Is he stressed, not wanting to be handled, relaxed, excited, content…???

My friend who had him before said it is just him breathing. What do others think?

Thanks

If you just got him it might be a good idea to let him settle in for a week or two before handling as he will need time to settle in. As for the noise, how long does your friend say he's had this noise?

Umm, always I think. I didn't question it further when he said it's just him breathing.
I thought maybe to let him settle but he is in the same enclosure, just different surroundings and smells. He will be fed tomorrow so will be left alone for a while after that. Just have been too excited and wanted to handle him. I'm very impatient!

Agreed. If he's been doing it forever then it's most likely just normal breathing. I know it's hard to leave him alone especially If he's your first snake but it's always best to let them settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back