Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A.perthensis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 202
2yr old pygmy, just on 50cm SVL.

Attachments

• stuff 044.jpg
    stuff 044.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 123
  • stuff 042.jpg
    stuff 042.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 165
After many years of waiting I finally have some Pinstripe (stimsoni) hatchies!

fln2.jpg

Nice stimmi James & great photo!

ap1.jpg
Here's some pygmys :)

Pygmy banded stimis. Mossman local. My first surviving clutch ever. Proud as punch. How old till I can get the probed??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389569755663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389569755663.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389569773735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389569773735.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 111
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389569785058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389569785058.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 121
Congrats! You'd be better off having them popped within a day of two of hatching, I personally wouldn't probe any Ants until 12 months or more depending on size.

how are banded pygmy pythons care wise and stuff? I love them theyre just so cute but im not sure if I should bother

I had a female as my first python. Only time she ever struck at me was taking her off the eggs. She has only ever missed one feed and she was in slough at the time. As hardy as a regular stimi just smaller. I likr to put her in my hoodie pocket when im doing my reptile chores. They love to eat. Only problems ive ever had is sometimes she has trouble with shedding. But I think thats on me not her.

Justdragons, Anteresia can be probed as hatchies with out any problems as long as you know what your doing, its quite easy really.
I dont probe any untill after they have shed from hatching thou.

I have a hatchie banded pygmy.
It did bite me 3 times when I got it out of the sack but since then it has been fine.
The thing eats like a champ.
I would have to say it is very shy compared to my woma hatchie. But thinking about the size comparison I don;t blame it.

As I am looking at getting either a banded Pygmy or a Pygmy python, I'd like to see them rather than buy online.
Is anyone going to the Castle Hill Reptile Expo this year selling the above?

They're Pinstripe Stimsons - photo's of the parents should be in this thread somewhere. :) They develop a lovely dark chocolate colouring and retain the pale 'pinstripes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back