Different looking Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have been breeding the same line of Darwin Carpets for almost 25 years. I have not introduced a new line in at any time. I bred siblings together this season with 2 clutches of eggs laid.

The first clutch started hatching about a week ago. The first head to emerge appeared very orange compared to how they normally appear. Just thought to myself it was just a colourful hatchling, but when they finally all emerged I realised something funny had occurred. Some were normal, some really orange and 2 with no patterning at all.IMG_0354.jpg

thats really cool, would be great to see how they look in a few months after a few sheds.

I love darwins there are some crackers in this clutch
better then them sun glow things!!!

Now that is something. I wonder what they will look like as yearlings. The patternless ones are pretty interesting. And there is an obvious difference between the orange and the normal offspring.

The lighter ones could end up something like this.

I guess that when a line is bred back on itself enough times there is sure to be some genetic mutation arise. Nice looking clutch and hope you end up with something special.

awesome darwins would love to see them after a couple of sheds

Any updates on these guys? I would love to see what they look like after their first shed.

Thanks I found your post on fb as well. Definitely different. Amazing how bright some of them are :)

Never really seen many Darwins that I like the look of except a small handfull of albinos.
But that patternless one looks the goods Bob.

After seeing pics of the parents of these stunning hatchlings...
They certainly are pure Darwins..
My apologies to the Big guy if I offended etc in my previous post in other thread .
cheers
Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back