Legless Pygmy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should take a photo and post it.
Poor little fella probably wont have any quality of life.

How unusual, there was a recent post on Shane Simpson's fb page about a bearded dragon which had hatched without front legs as well. As far as i know it's quite healthy and is doing well. I think the owners have created a fb page about him; search 'Lucky's Page'.

Build it the worlds first bionic legs and then make a superhero series about it.

On a serious note, see if you are willing to put the time into looking after it or find somebody that is if you cant find anybody and dont have the time to look after yourself you may need to put it down. Sad fact of life but it wouldnt survive in the wild and sometimes mother nature is our best teacher.
See if someone will take it first though.

I feel like you should make it a little skate board to get around on like this!
tortoise-skate_1460877i.jpg

Thanks for all you replies, to start none of the parents have any problems and all the other siblings are fine, I will admit this one has grown on me and has earned the name frogger of my girlfriend because of how he move, it wouldn't be the first disabled animal I've cared for so we are willing to put in the extra effort but my main concern is the quality of life frogger will live, if this could lead to more problems such as back problems.

i would be looking at making a small harness with the wheels of a small toy car and use no substrate, so he can wheel himself around.

Maybe he would learn to walk upright =) nature does do some strange things ive seen dogs with missing front legs and they walk or hop around upright.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he would learn to walk upright =) nature does do some strange things ive seen dogs with missing front legs and they walk or hop around upright.

I had one like that when I was a kid. Was a Barbata though.
Called him tripod. Lived for years

Aww little dude! I don't know what you should do regarding quality of life, I suppose it depends on what his pain levels are like. Being born like this I'd think he'd have a good chance of surviving happily at least for a few years. I had a rescued bluey who had MBD so bad that it should have totally severed her spinal cord from when she was young, she lived happily to 13 with full use of her legs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back