Should users location be compulsory?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wokka

So much of the information published on the forum is location specific. For example heat requirements for Cairns are different to those for Melbourne. I think it would make the information more useful if readers knew where the writer was located. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true being in Darwin a lot of the heating requirement don't apply.
I would love a diamond python but know I would need aircon 24 7

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly agree! I don’t understand users’ reluctance to put in a geographically specific location. It’s not like you are asking for their address. The nearest sizeable town or the region, like Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, would be extremely helpful to address a whole raft of different enquiries.

Blue

I do think it is a good idea. I've also often thought that if our younger members had their age listed it may deter other members from being so trigger-happy when it comes to dealing with them.

That being said though, Tapatalk doesn't readily display this info so it is a moot point for it's users.

Perhaps it would be more suitable if the information being provided specified the location it was designed for.

The writer has prob.gleaned the info from a book or elsewhere

Perhaps it would be more suitable if the information being provided specified the location it was designed for.

The writer has prob.gleaned the info from a book or elsewhere
Tht is not realistic. For example if someone asks where can i get a frog? There are a dozen answers depending upon location

Please allow me to clarify

I meant caresheet info ... not necessarily info on places to purchase an animal as that would be a different matter

Cheers
Sandee :)

Tht is not realistic. For example if someone asks where can i get a frog? There are a dozen answers depending upon location

Or the person asking the question can write,Where can I get a frog? I live in Vic

Where someone lives is not necessarily the same as where they've kept reptiles and where their information is based on - I don't think I'm unique in having lived in 5 States and Territories.

People asking questions should be more specific in their requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back