Jungle Nymphs in Australia?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissScarlett

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

My son was just wondering if you can get Heteropteryx dilatata (jungle nymph) in Australia? I can t seem to get a clear answer and was hoping some insect experts may have an idea!

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if you can keep them in Australia since they're non-native (But I'm not sure). Might I suggest the Giant Rainforest Mantis (Hierodula majuscula) as a native alternative? These seem to be much more readily available.

Clear answer: They're illegal.

Yes, I'm sure some people keep them illegally.

Thanks for the info! He has some spiny leaf insects and goliath stick insects that are growing so fast and Im surprised how much I like them too. He is checking out the ones that have been suggested now and I can see there will be a few more viv's set up soon! Pity about the nymphs.... He will have an insect room and Ill have my snakes....

If he's after something really cool get him to check out the monteith's leaf insect. Also, if you have pandanus around your area, peppermint stick insects are really cool. When agitated they release this powerful smelling liquid that smells just like peppermint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back