common blue tongue eggs in my garden, and how do I ensure they hatch?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidss

Reaction score
I live in Castle Hill, and a herp since a kid.
I uncovered 11 Blue Tongue eggs whilst planting a new tree, and I wish to make sure they hatch and
ensure they survive.
I have them carefully recovered in same soil in a large straining dish, and within an open cardboard box!
I have occasionally moistened with water , and they are outside ..
What is the best way to ensure they {11 perfect eggs} hatch healthily???Can somebody let me know some tips please/
thanks
David
Castle Hill,Sydney

Lmao definitely make sure they're outside. You probably just brang home an elapid nest.

Got any pictures? there is a fungi that look like eggs that usually grows under trees!

Just looked it up, the fungi I'm talking about are called Stinkhorn eggs! I had a friend recently find one who freaked out and put it in an incubator for a week to realise it was not a actual egg!

Last edited:
This reminds me of the young kid that hatched the brown snakes in his closet.

Best to find your find the local reptile careers and pass them on.

Around castle hill they are probably from a water dragon or common brown snake ,best to just leave the in the same soil or litter where they were with minimal disturbance and they may hatch and disburse into garden.
They could be beardy eggs but generally they are scarce as rocking horse crap in sydney west these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back