Reptile vets in newcastle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coopershane

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I live in newcastle we have a spotted a jungle and 2 beardies.
they are due for a check up just wondering where the best reptile vet in newcastle is?
Cheers

Yep, Ray Burton at Mt Hutton.
I've also used Sugarloaf before but found them to be overpriced and the vet I had didn't really know much about reptiles.

thanks guys will definitely book an appointment there, I have heard that the sugarloaf vet is over priced but I wasn't sure who else was available around here

Never been to sugarloaf but I've taken various animals to Mt Hutton both reptiles and others. Ray is great and has given me discounts on the consultation fee a few times when I've gone in for a follow-up and it's taken less than 1min to go over the animal. Only problem is he's starting to do less hours now which makes it harder to get days you want.

There's a new vet opening in feb (I think) Edgeworth Animal Medical Centre. Two of the vets there are very experienced with reptiles. I have seen th both before and would highly recommend them.

I use Dr Mark Simpson at Sugarloaf clinic for my reps...They can be a bit overpriced yes, but he is only 2 minutes up the road from me

Hey everyone
I live in newcastle we have a spotted a jungle and 2 beardies.
they are due for a check up just wondering where the best reptile vet in newcastle is?
Cheers

Just a comment... if your snakes/lizards are in all respects behaving normally, feeding routinely and growing as they should, a "check up" for reptiles is a pointless exercise. There are none of the variables or vaccinations that make routine checkups for dogs & cats worthwhile, and there are no chronic illnesses such as tartar buildup on teeth, heart problems, claw clipping that may need to be done for a dog or cat. A vet will simply check the appearance of the animal visually and tell you it's OK (which you can discern for yourself) and relieve you of a significant sum of money for stating the bleeding obvious.

This is not a swipe at vets by the way, just an attempt to correct the mistaken belief that taking healthy reptiles to the vet will only tell you they are healthy. Vet visits with a reptile not exhibiting symptoms of some sort are totally pointless.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back