Jungle Python size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mate jungles dont get much bigger than 6-8 foot. My males i keep on the slender size 5-6kg and they gets fed once a month with about 4 adult rats, but the females get fed every fortnight with 4 adult rats, this is only because when i breed with the females they need to be in prime condition.

I usually swap feed items around as well, so sometimes rats then rabbits then chickens,this ensures they get a range of different nutrients with their food intake.
i also use wombaroo food supplements by gutting the rats and filling the void with a 50/50 wombaroo/water mix every second or third feed. i hope this helps.

mate jungles dont get much bigger than 6-8 foot. My males i keep on the slender size 5-6kg and they gets fed once a month with about 4 adult rats, but the females get fed every fortnight with 4 adult rats, this is only because when i breed with the females they need to be in prime condition.

I usually swap feed items around as well, so sometimes rats then rabbits then chickens,this ensures they get a range of different nutrients with their food intake.
i also use wombaroo food supplements by gutting the rats and filling the void with a 50/50 wombaroo/water mix every second or third feed. i hope this helps.

Sorry just a quick question, is it normal for a year old jungle python to look like its heads a bit small for its body. mines over a metre long and its head near eyes is about 2cm or smaller.

True lowland jungles rarely exceed 4.5 feet, 5 feet is a monster. Lowland jungles would have trouble eating a large adult rat let alone 4 of them.
A jungle that gets to 6-8 feet is an atherton.

Newhere, Yes i spose in a way they are. The further inland and up the Great Dividing range you go the larger they get untill once you are on the western slopes they are coastals.

my female lowland is around 5 foot and the male around 4 and a half, both of them are six years old and they smash four adult rats in one sitting with ease, and because the female is a breeder she is always looking for more this time of year, if i was feeding them more regularly then one a week would suffice, but because i feed them once a month they seem to want to eat a lot in one sitting, and this time of year their enclosure room sits at around 33 degrees constantly so they get hungry real fast.
if any of my breeding females look for food a couple of weeks after a feed then i will give them more but the males have to go without.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back