Antibiotics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelizardqueen

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the names of the antibiotics that are used to treat infections in carpet pythons?

Thank you

A good reptile vet will happily prescribe you some after a consultation to assess what is wrong and what drug will be best suited to the ailment

I didn't ask for advice on how to treat an infected snake. I asked about what sort of drugs are used. I'm doing a bit of light study. But thank you for the reply nonetheless. :)

baytril is the one that is most commonly supplied for r.i. down this way, we get a bit of trouble due to the cold winters, you really have to be on the ball with your heat cords etc.

You probably already know this but if you put thick insulation like styrofoam around the sides of the enclosure it will help to keep the heat in.

I didn't ask for advice on how to treat an infected snake. I asked about what sort of drugs are used. I'm doing a bit of light study. But thank you for the reply nonetheless. :)

Ah, I see. Fortum is also used

Hi

Fortum is a broad spectrum antibiotic which is commonly used...it's generic version is called cefTAZIDIME ( not sure if there are other names)...ongoing injections given to the snake. Get the proper weight versus injection amount etc from your vet.

Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back