Woma Python Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digizure

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was wondering what cage size do you recommend for female adult woma python? I was thinking of putting my woma in a 4'x2'x1' cage. I'm not sure if that is more than what my woma needs? What substrate do you recommend best of womas?

Also, my woma will bite me every chance she gets but I still love her anyway. Any ideas on what I could do to be able to handle her?

Thank you!

4x2x1 is abit on the small side I think, 4x2x2 would be a minimum for adult woma. As far as biting goes, you just have to try a few different things. I feed all mine at night, and if I stuck my hand in there I wouldnt get it back till morning. During the day they are really placid

4 x 2 x 2 or 6 x 2 x 2 is good sizings for an adult Woma.

Firstly, how long have you had her. Generally leaving them to settle works wonders. A new environment is often stressful for a new animal irrespect of what it is.

How often and what size meals r u feeding her?? Could be a feeding response and generally s.

I've had her for about a year now. I feed her small rats every 8-10 days.

I have 1200Lx600Dx 600H for one of mine. 1200L x 600D x 450H for another. The rest are in tubs for the moment until quarantine is over.

Coir peat is a good substrate as it allows them to dig. Otherwise lots of layer of paper towel, newspaper, etc are quick and easy.

As for handling, if it is feeding responses you are getting you probably aren't feeding her enough. If it is defensive [MENTION=20112]longqi[/MENTION] has a really good pillowcase method he might share again.

She might not be a handler not all pythons tolerate it as well as others.

4x2x1 is abit on the small side I think, 4x2x2 would be a minimum for adult woma. As far as biting goes, you just have to try a few different things. I feed all mine at night, and if I stuck my hand in there I wouldnt get it back till morning. During the day they are really placid

4x2x1 has the same floor space as a 4x2x2, last digit being the height. They do not need 2ft in height as they are predominantly ground dwellers, im not say they wont approve of the height but it is definately not a necessity.

Rick

1ft would be fine height wise for the animal but with smaller doors especially with sliding glass access to the tank could be painful. I've found 450mm a good height and allows me to have a good 50+mm of coir peat or strunched up paper for burrowing in.

Also means less crashing and banging then from the 600mm tank which now has a series of shelves and pillars to prevent my boy falling awkwardly from the ceiling.

I have some enclosures at 600x600x1200 and some at 600x450x1200 and much prefer the 450 high ones as I can stack 4 high instead of 3 high. That said I prefer my breeding females in the 600 high as its a little easier to get them off eggs. But as mentioned they tend to try to slide up the vertical sides and front in the higher ones, then BAM! down they crash.
I think 300 high would be a total pain in the arsenal to be honest.

Perfectly fine to use aspen. Just make sure theres a panel along the front to elevate the glass tracks if you are using sliding glass or the track will get heaps of aspen and snake crap in it.

burrowing behavior should be fine if you use coir peat or kritters crumble. cheaper than aspen too

I'm curious, if you keep a woma python (female) in a rack, what size tub do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back