Where do you feed your snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Written on the NSW licence is "An officer of the OEH may call to make a routine inspection of your holdings/collection or facilities without notice" it is also witten in 11 &12 of the conditions of your licence in NSW so it sounds to me that if you don't allow
them to inspect your collection you would be in breach of your licence conditions .
But they still can't enter your house without your permission, that was my main point

My Stimson always feeds from a branch in the enclosure, hanging upside down. Very cool to watch the jaws articulate from this angle, and ensures no substrate is eaten along with the mouse.

But they still can't enter your house without your permission, that was my main point

Then you will void your permit and have you protected species removed from your property. I would much rather keep my collection and have then inspect my reptile room, its really not that much to ask.

Rick

Then you will void your permit and have you protected species removed from your property. I would much rather keep my collection and have then inspect my reptile room, its really not that much to ask.

Rick
Mate I'm just trying to educate people about their legal right in regards to the license (my apologies to the mods for the tangeant of conversation but I felt this was something worth saying), besides they can't remove animals from your collection without a damn good legal reason, which goes back to my comment about vets checks and neighbor complaints etc. Lest all of the animals in your collection specified as 'properties of the crown' are 'wild' native animals, they can only remove them with a court order. I'm assuming you've legally bought these animals from a breeder who has also bred them under license and everything has been documented. This would mean they are 'your' animals, not the property of the Governement, the only animals that are 'Government' property or 'Property of the crown' are as I said, designated 'wild' animals or wild caught individuals, it doesn't actually cover captive bred animals. While keepers are allowed to breed animals under license and have to document them, those animals are technically the breeders property because they've produced them and because they've chosen to sell them legally and privately and it becomes documented it then becomes your legal property and then NPWS will have to prove the animal is being mistreated or not well kept by you or some other nonsense in order to have it removed.

This would mean they are 'your' animals, not the property of the Governement, the only animals that are 'Government' property or 'Property of the crown' are as I said, designated 'wild' animals or wild caught individuals, it doesn't actually cover captive bred animals. While keepers are allowed to breed animals under license and have to document them, those animals are technically the breeders property because they've produced them and because they've chosen to sell them legally and privately and it becomes documented it then becomes your legal property and then NPWS will have to prove the animal is being mistreated or not well kept by you or some other nonsense in order to have it removed.

If you can go against your license conditions and refuse to allow them to come in and do an audit because the animals are your legal property then taking things a step further then you don't have to keep records or sell to only licensed keepers or even be forced to have a keepers license yourself.After all they are your legal property.You cannot pick and choose which parts of your license conditions you wish to ignore,see where I am going with this?

Mate I'm just trying to educate people about their legal right in regards to the license (my apologies to the mods for the tangeant of conversation but I felt this was something worth saying), besides they can't remove animals from your collection without a damn good legal reason, which goes back to my comment about vets checks and neighbor complaints etc. Lest all of the animals in your collection specified as 'properties of the crown' are 'wild' native animals, they can only remove them with a court order. I'm assuming you've legally bought these animals from a breeder who has also bred them under license and everything has been documented. This would mean they are 'your' animals, not the property of the Governement, the only animals that are 'Government' property or 'Property of the crown' are as I said, designated 'wild' animals or wild caught individuals, it doesn't actually cover captive bred animals. While keepers are allowed to breed animals under license and have to document them, those animals are technically the breeders property because they've produced them and because they've chosen to sell them legally and privately and it becomes documented it then becomes your legal property and then NPWS will have to prove the animal is being mistreated or not well kept by you or some other nonsense in order to have it removed.

Does this also apply to pool fence inspections? I don't think so and neither does it apply to reptiles.

I found moving the animal into the feeding tub harassed it more than just feeding in the enclosure.

Cheers Octane

Quick question for those who do feed in tubs - how do you get them back into the enclosure? My Diamond gets very defensive after food - I don't think I'd chance picking her up to put her back in an enclosure....

the above reason is part of what swayed me against feeding in tubs, along the lines of the animal being sluggish and defensive with a full belly is best not moved after feeding

Mine are quiet ok after a feel therefore I take them out of the tub with my hands. With the womas I take them up on the hook but then use my hands to carry them to their homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back