Legless Pygmy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it to a vet and have it humanely euthanised. It won't be able to behave naturally and what's the point of keeping it alive anyway? Breeding? Freak show? Do the right thing...

Be careful to watch that the areas of it's chest touching the ground don't ulcerate.

Aww little dude! I don't know what you should do regarding quality of life, I suppose it depends on what his pain levels are like. Being born like this I'd think he'd have a good chance of surviving happily at least for a few years. I had a rescued bluey who had MBD so bad that it should have totally severed her spinal cord from when she was young, she lived happily to 13 with full use of her legs :)
Have you considered the psycological damage of being the odd beardy out with no front legs? Are there reptile psycologists out there waiting to make (or should that be take) a million?

How did your little fellow go? We have just had one hatch with only one front leg and I am worried about quality of life for him

now this is the 3rd beardy this year from 3 different clutches that i know of born with missing limbs. makes me think deformities are becoming more common.

Agreed, I've seen 5 this year all missing front legs. If its just coincidence its a damn big one.

He's freaking adorable. I wouldn't cull him yet if hes healthy and happy. Will probs just need to take the jumping legs off his crickets or freeze them to slow them down. Otherwise just watch him and if hes showing any signs of distress then yeah. But he can't really miss what he never had to begin with. He will grow up and learn to move around on his own I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back