Taking snake outdoors.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for advice guys really appreciate it.. Took the wee man outside he was little freaked out by grass I think. More laps of the yard he will be clean lean loving machine lol

I take all of my Pythons for a little exercise on the back lawn. Like everyone else mentioned, keep an eye on them as they can get away from you and sometimes the birds in the area get a little upset. I only take my snakes out onto the grass early morning or late afternoon/evening when the sun is not as intense. My Diamond rarely goes to the toilet in his enclosure now and waits for his explore on the grass.

After my snakes have their exercise on the lawn and hills hoist they are noticably more aware and active for the rest of the day. I think its definately a positive stimulation for them.

I've taken all of mine outside at one stage or another. I can out walk them so I'm not too worried about them escaping.

The woma in my avatar doesn't like the feel if grass all that much so he spends most his time either heading back to the tiled patio or on me.

I take all my snakes out side for generally about 30 mins each. But only one at a time Easier to manage and watch them that way plus the magpies where I live are very cocky and will swoop them even if I'm sitting next to them (it's happend befor a magpie almost flew into me to get to one of my snakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back