Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having a look through my python books ( for stuff you just cant get on APS ) :rolleyes:

and was wondering ----Pythons A Complete Owners Manual , Has a pic on the front cover that is labelled Diamond Carpet Intergrade . I am thinking that this looks more like my jungle than anything else

It is an American publication .

He is awesome Joemal, thanks for the update. Looks almost identical to his mum. :)

Whats an intergrade

my understanding is it is where snakes of over lapping localities breed together i.e. a diamond with a coastal

That's right spyder. They have become a sub-species that have adapted to living between the borders of two species where those species may struggle or not be found. Many ppl use the term intergrade to describe the coastal and diamond cross breeding, which seem to be the most common about, but any species can intergrade - murray darlings would meet the coastals or even diamonds, somewhere, and surely there are intergrades of those around, just nobody has researched them to know where they are, or just haven't spoken about them.

But for you to cross a diamond and coastal doesn't make the offspring intergrades. Those babies may not survive in the wild whereas their wild cousins will be more adapted because that is where they have evolved.
thats actually incorrect , a common misconception but wrong none the less

this thread should help you guys clear up what an intergrade actually is

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help-38/faq-intergrade-54862/

heres mine

Attachments

• DSCF2699.jpg
    DSCF2699.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 56
  • zirconia shed 021.jpg
    zirconia shed 021.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 57
  • apep,bling and rexy 005.jpg
    apep,bling and rexy 005.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 50
Two of mine that I haven't shown off yet.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's an awful strange looking intergrade :)
awesome snake by the way

Not all intergrades look like a cross between a diamond and coastal. There are many intergrade zones around Australia.

Not all intergrades look like a cross between a diamond and coastal. There are many intergrade zones around Australia.

lol ha ha, i was talking about the platinum mac...

Last edited:
Some of my Intergrades
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ol' Maggie is doing very well, hope your kids don't miss her too much, you can take the pic and print it out for them if you want!

mine

Attachments

• DSCF2939.jpg
    DSCF2939.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 1467730_651867518169720_685449517_o.jpg
    1467730_651867518169720_685449517_o.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 79
More Intergrades
I've already shown a Northern Rainforest Green and an unknown locality above, here is two Port Macs and a Highlands brown
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One of my adults. Sorry bout the pic quality, Wouldn't sit still.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another.

Attachments

• inny 004.jpg
    inny 004.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 82
  • inny 008.jpg
    inny 008.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 77
  • inny 2 004.jpg
    inny 2 004.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 64
  • inny 2 005.jpg
    inny 2 005.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 59
My 15 month old port mac bred by vixen, he shed last week and is getting more yellow but its hard to take pics of him, will try to take some good ones soon.

Attachments

• CAM00075_1.jpg
    CAM00075_1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back