Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad hypo. Well average anyway.

Attachments

• DSC_08333.jpg
    DSC_08333.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 157
3ahydabe.jpg

My new 3.year old coastal, Loki cranky little dude but sooo pretty

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all! Me and my 13 month old coastal x Darwin are new to this site and just having a look around. Sorry if it is a silly question but what is a hypo?
jeve7amy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Hypo is the shorthand for hypomelanistic. It just means a reduced amount of black pigment, so the snake tends to have a brighter overall colour due to lack of black pigmentation.

My boys!

Got the boys out for a stretch ! The first two pics are Smooch, my Proserpine yearling boy. The next two pics are of TRex, my Cape York boy. Both are so sweet. T. Rex is the most laid back of the two. Love them to bits !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 54
My boy Jake

Hi, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my boy Jake. I have only had him for a couple of months and he has had a bit of a rough history, having been abandoned by his last two owners :cry:, so I'm not sure how old he is or even if he actually is a coastal. He is 1.9m long and is extremely gentle and friendly despite his poor start in life.

As you can see, he's settled into his new home very quickly and loves climbing up ANYTHING - even up the side of my built-in, which nearly gave me a heart attack!

Anyway, I hope you like the pics. :)

Attachments

• Jakey profile pic.jpg
    Jakey profile pic.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0122[1].JPG
    IMG_0122[1].JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0462[1].jpg
    IMG_0462[1].jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 80
I'm not sure how old he is or even if he actually is a coastal.

He's an interesting looking fella, my first thought when seeing him was that he looks like a cross between a coastal and a diamond. Not 100% sure though. He looks roughly 2-3 years old, he has good length on him and will get bulkier.

Thanks for your reply Tahlia. It's interesting you should say that because the person who gave him to me told me he was a diamond, but he didn't look that much like the pictures I've seen of diamonds and also they didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge of even how to care for him properly, so I was a bit wary of taking their word for it.

Thanks so much for your input. Regardless of what he is, he's already a much-loved part of the family. :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my boy Jake. I have only had him for a couple of months and he has had a bit of a rough history, having been abandoned by his last two owners :cry:, so I'm not sure how old he is or even if he actually is a coastal. He is 1.9m long and is extremely gentle and friendly despite his poor start in life.

As you can see, he's settled into his new home very quickly and loves climbing up ANYTHING - even up the side of my built-in, which nearly gave me a heart attack!

Anyway, I hope you like the pics. :)

Might want to check the end of it's tail, Looks like it may have some retained skin left on.

Might want to check the end of it's tail, Looks like it may have some retained skin left on.

Yes, he does - good spot! He had it when I got him and I have no idea how long it's been on there but I've been soaking it in the hopes of gently getting it off without doing him any damage. He also has a kink at the end of his tail where it looks like its been broken at some point but it doesn't seem to bother him. Poor boy has been through the wars...

If you can not remove it, Try applying Vitamin E cream to the dry skin daily till it next sheds. Usually helps to soften the skin and makes it easier for the snake to remove it next time it sloughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back