Carpet Python Head Scales Concern!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day folks,

Well I went away about a week ago and left my yearling coastal carpet in the hands of my father, who is good with snakes, but he noticed upon me leaving something wasn't the same, anyway, long story short, the scales on the top of her head between her eyes etc seem all mangled, all he did was feed her, give her water and take her out for a poop. It sort of looks like retained scales but the last shed was a few weeks ago and it was a very good shed with no retained scales. Could she have burnt herself under the basking lamp? The temp under basking site is 33.5 (through thermostat) and I drop it to 31 of a night.

I'm quite concerned, other than that she is fine and eating as per usual, though she is laying in spots in her enclosure that is a bit different to her normal behaviour. Should I take her to the vet? (Will have to wait til Tuesday). Is it curable over the course of a couple of sheds?

Got no idea what's going on folks and hope some of yas might have some sort of a clue, stressing a lot about it.

Thanks guys and attached are two photos that show what I am talking about clearly.

Attachments

• 20140126_154927.jpg
    20140126_154927.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20140126_155158.jpg
    20140126_155158.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 137
can you gte any pics without the glare please? and seems to be just where she may have rubbed a bit to hard against her enclosue or something in it, eg, hide, mesh, log etc. see how its looking after her next shed.

There is a cage around the lamp, I will try and get some more photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another one not so glarey, still a bit hard for a photo to do it justice though.

bamboo head.jpg

As said earlier, just looks like it's rubbed it's head against something. Should clear up with a shed or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back