Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with BHP then got a woma and haven't looked back. They've taken over....lol
Smaller more manageable cage sizing and food cost then BHP and hatchling BHP are an absolute nightmare to get feeding (great once they start)
Womas eat anything and everything. Breeding is a breeze, they breed like they feed.... :)

All come down to personal choice, though the Axanthic BHP are impressive animals

I agree with Yommy's comments.

Woma are the best. :) I also happen to think that generally, they are a far better looking snake than BHP's also. There are some screamer BHP's out there, but they seem far and few between.

ive kept womas and ive just got my hands on a pair of ackies!!!
they're both beautiful and its hard to choose however when it comes to intereacting with reptiles i believe lizards have the upper hand.
ackies have a whole lot of personality like beardies which is great.

I can only comment on the BHPs and womas. They are both the majority of my collection.
Womas are great and most (unless you get a SA woma) will only get to between 4-5 foot. They tend to be great eaters and some (not all) like to have a cheeky taste test of your hands, its like they just cant help themselves. They appear to have a bit more personality than the BHPs in my opinion.
BHPs are my favourite of the two but get much larger which is fine as long as you can afford to feed them the much bigger meals and have the available space for a 6 foot or bigger enclosure. My BHPs nearly eat me out of house and home but I dont mind.
Both species are very hardy.
You will know in your heart which one you want the most.

Once you get Varanids all other herps seem boring in comparison, especially snakes. Haven't kept snakes for 7 years now. It's all about Monitors and large skinks for me now. More work but so worth the effort.

WA cannot import reptiles... .

We can import any reptiles on our keepers list. Just not pythons.... People import adders, geckos, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

do you have to buy it from WA or can you import as BHP for 1500 is a bit rich these days

Yes this years captive bred BHP hatchies from a constant breeder were selling for $900 I believe. Though they appear to all be sold. But yes, it's a closed market here in WA with no python imports. So prices remain high with supply low and demand high... It's actually great for WA python breeders as they don't have any problem moving stock and getting a reasonable return, to pay for rodents and more snakes :p

Get Woma, they look like they have little bandit masks and wiggle their tails when excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back