Family 'shattered' after NT croc attack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
POLICE in the NT are expected to continue their search for a 12-year-old boy taken by a crocodile in a billabong on Sunday.
mf.gif

border="0"
|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

2SwaCoSNqaU

Published On: 28-Jan-14 07:50 AM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

I don't understand why they go around killing random crocs just to check their stomach contents. I can understand and sympathise with the family but one child has lost his life already, I don't see why they now need to maim and take more lives (animals or not) to justify his death.

That's two crocs down.....the guy was saying one was one size and there was another different sized one. Ok then so we base our kills on the croc "we expect could take a 12 year old".

So we get to 25, 29 34 innocent crocs culled. Hmmmmmmm.

I absolutely respect that if the child has been taken they would like closure but to take down random crocs in the process I'm not so sure.

I would like to know why they were swimming there and what the parents were doing.

I don't understand why they go around killing random crocs just to check their stomach contents. I can understand and sympathise with the family but one child has lost his life already, I don't see why they now need to maim and take more lives (animals or not) to justify his death.

The article also said they were doing an air and land search. Unless they're looking for flying crocs (god help us all), it sounds like they weren't acting on the assumption that he's dead. Sure, it's the only likely scenario. But what if he wandered off before the croc came, and the other boys didn't notice? They have to cover all their bases, and finding the croc that got him means they can stop searching for a miracle.

Where's the community outrage, petitions and country wide protests over the killing/culling of these crocs? Or are we just saving that for the sharks??

One reason they say you shouldn't swim if you can't see the bottom

Fear if it is not clear

Not racist in any way however, these kids were indigenous Australians that swim in the waterholes all the time. They know the dangers and choose to swim there anyway. Now the original land owners are calling for a croc cull as well?

"If you know anything about crocs, they're some very big scary monsters," a police spokeswoman told AAP.
"There is no way, if those creatures got hold of you, that you'd be able to get away."

Another boy, 15, was bitten but released by a croc during the attack.

this guy was obviously a croc expert....

Maybe we need more crocs so people think again before they swim in crock waters.
Plenty of signs and awareness and still people don't learn. Killing crocs is not the solution. Crocs are here to stay, if we like it or not they deserve that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back