enclosure CAD model

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdav70

Hey guys,
i'm going to do a favor and model a friends enclosure. Whilst he's dreaming it up I figured i'd model up my own viv for the heck of it (not that my setup is anything spectacular!). This is a view the CAD model and render in case you guys find it interesting!
140127_myviv_02.jpg

Cool... just make sure if you/he puts a flouro in there you tape/cover up the hole on the metal frame as a snake can get in there and get fried on the cables.
Just my two cents.

I use actual engineering CAD software everyday (autocad and microstation) and their 3d isn't as specky as that :) Despite a license for each is over $1500 a year haha

Cool... just make sure if you/he puts a flouro in there you tape/cover up the hole on the metal frame as a snake can get in there and get fried on the cables.
Just my two cents.

Snowman holds an electrical ticket , even though it is only in WA and is also an electrical engineer. I would assume that he would probably put a cage over the tube anyway to prevent the snake either knocking the tube out or crushing the tube.

Yeah [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] I'm a graduate architect, the programs used for this are way overkill for the purposes of a viv: rhino, maya, and vray. Like yourself, autocad, revit rhino and grasshopper are the tools of my trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowman holds an electrical ticket , even though it is only in WA and is also an electrical engineer. I would assume that he would probably put a cage over the tube anyway to prevent the snake either knocking the tube out or crushing the tube.
It's not my design.... And still haven't finished my degree. I don't think I will either. I'm happy doing electrical design. Also have a current electical
license for. WA and Vic should things go pear shape in the drafting world
:)

Awesome job with the model! I used to use cad style programs like 3ds max, cinema4d and rhino for video editing. Might have to re learn some of their functions and give my own model a go.

That is impressive, i couldn't even figure out sketchup without going crazy. Good job.

my friend broke one of the school key boards while we were learning google sketch up, i felt like smashing it aswell

Haha [MENTION=36483]Crazycow232[/MENTION] and [MENTION=39184]AussieBen[/MENTION] can definitely be very frustrating! Trust me, we've all been there!

It's not my design.... And still haven't finished my degree. I don't think I will either. I'm happy doing electrical design. Also have a current electical
license for. WA and Vic should things go pear shape in the drafting world
:)
It seems I might have overestimated you mate. Not sure we can really consider the WA license but I will take into account the Vic one.lol. Great job on the design by the way, looks great.

Edit. Sorry [MENTION=38538]bdav70[/MENTION] and [MENTION=836]congo_python[/MENTION] I misread the thread and thought [MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] had started it. I will take back my well done comments from Snowman and pass them onto bdav70.

Last edited:
Might have to re learn some of their functions and give my own model a go.

Nice, yeah 3DS max and rhino will serve you well, they're certainly pro packages - you will have no dramas modelling to the sophistication of most vivs. I figured why not. Maybe one day down the track I'll design something cool and custom for a reptile room once I get a few more

autocad is definitely not pro... get some solidworks into ya :p

not any more, but it's been the industry standard for 30 years. note however i would never use it for 3D modelling. 2D drafting only, in which case it's VERY pro. offices are still using it even now with BIM software taking over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back