The scammer update....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As most on here would know just prior to Christmas I was burnt by a scammer who replied to an ad of mine on RDU classifieds. We all know at the end of the day I shouldn't have parted with the $625 without first verifying the other person's bona fide's.

Anyways, just wanted to update you all as of today as to how the investigation is progressing.

I called Nelson Bay Police Station today and relaunched the inquiry as things had been a bit quiet for a couple of weeks.

The lady police member was most friendly and polite and all too willing to help. She knew of the scammer in question who shall continue to remain nameless and that him and his partner have 4 kids and had recently ripped off a motel in the Nelson Bay area and trashed the joint.

Their modus operandi is that they move around and are hard to pin down. The police member seemed to think their last known destination was in Maitland.

I will be getting a call back after their lunch break and hopefully can update further then.

The bottom line is to watch out for this guy and his missus as they will stop at nothing and are desperate for $$$.

He will threaten and use all sorts of bluff and innuendo's.

I just don't want some good honest people on here getting the same treatment as I got.

Good on you mate!. this guy is defiantly going to get it extremely bad, deserves it too :p

Just found this on ******'s facebook page......makes u laugh doesn't it at what a hypocrite he is. Tis all good, I have just sent his son a message saying "I'm an old friend of ***k's and been trying to get in touch with him so that we can catch up". Awaiting a reply.

This is his latest on facebook....

"I can't cope without my little babies,its too quiet without them,why do the mothers use them as collateral,but they always say you can see them wheneva u want,if they lie to their own family members,obviously they will lie to anyone,well my darling ur in for a rude shook,no-one will stop me,my babies mean the world to me,"

"Why do ppl say ***** to others to make out their good,lies gets ya nowhere.the truth is gunna hurt some ppl soon,I'm out for revenge now"

So there is the latest as per his facebook account....

I am considering flying up there. Some might laugh and say why would u bother. I have 626 reasons why. I lost $625 of my hard earned to this low life scammer and the other reason is because is a lying, deceitful good for nothing existence on this planet of hours.

if I can't get to him directly then I know his son works at Maccas at Kempsey. Silly boy putting it on his profile.

Last edited:
What, are you going to take out your anger on the guys kid?
Where's the honour in that?

I 'm all for theives and rip off merchants getting their just deserves, but leave his kid out of it ok? They are different people and he probably has copped crap all his life anyway just being the son of of a weirdo.
$600 bucks..... It will cost you double or triple that to act out your revenge, its a lesson in life for you, cop it on the chin and get on with your life.

Christ, I just remembered getting scammed years ago... $ up front for a brand new lap-top "off the docks".
All I could think about was the smile on my gf's face when I gave it to her as a gift.
Then after 2 days of text messages back & forth...it slowly sank in that I got scammed.

It's not so much losing the money, it's the hurt that your pride takes feeling like a gullible fool.

tell us who it is ...... why should he remain anonymous ? GEEEEEZ !

do we have to now not deal with everyone in the Maitland / Newcastle area ??? or do we have to ask everyone if they are married and how many kids they have.

PM me his name , as i live in the area and have a right to know .

It must be so frustrating, I just dont think going near his Son will help at all(it may impede your case with the Police) Perhaps you could give your new found info to the Police :) I hope the lowlife cops Karma 3 fold..... I too believe they need to be named and shamed

No no noooooooooooooooooooo completely misunderstood.........and apologies if my post was misinterpreted. His son aint a kid for starters.......late teens early 20's apparently. I couldnt give a fats rats toss how hard of a life him or his kid has had......

I told u all from the start I am going to be relentless in pursuit of MR and if it means he cant do this to other forum members so be it.

So just in case we all forgot, NO, irrespect of the kids age he is only a pawn on the chessboard.

If u read closely I am using him to get to MR.

Mate seeking revenge will not solve anything, especially going after the son, that could just lead to all sorts of legal issues, restraining order for one, leave it in the hands of the police. I'll be honest, I wouldn't hold your breath, this would not be on the top of their list, I can tell you now a close person to me was scammed over $200,000, the person responsible was actually wanted for skipping court in another state, he was known to police but hard to track (fake names etc), believed to be working within a multimillion dollar crime syndicate, it has been over 2 years since it happened, the money most definitely gone, and to this day justice has not been served, my friend will never see his life savings again, he is not someone I would like to mess with brought up hard as nails but there is nothing he can do, imagine what he is feeling the embarrassment, stress, his pride, I know its frustrating but unfortunately we live in a world full of people doing wrong, you will learn from this and the next time someone tries to scam you, you will call bs straight away. Good luck.

Last edited:
I do not understand why people are telling Reptalica to leave the son alone. He made it pretty clear that all he wants to do is sucker the son into telling him where his father actually is at the moment.

It is only natural to want to give this low-life a piece of your mind. However I agree that there is nothing to be gained by personally fronting the guy. You will not be the first to do so, or the last. Your money has been smoked, swallowed or injected by now. And if you were to lose it once you caught up with him, then its odds on you will wind up on the wrong end of an assault charge or worse, like nasty retaliation directed at your family members. This scumbag is an experienced professional con artist who knows all the angles and has zero conscience. Look at the bs he put on Facebook – designed to get sympathy and make others think he is a doting father that places immense importance on his little ones, as if other people are the most important thing in his life. He is clearly as slimy as they come. The most constructive thing you can do is assist the police to find him, without him knowing.

Reptalica, Am really sorry to see you get stung. The loss of dollars hurts. The “how could I have been so stupid?” hurts. And the damage done to your faith in your fellow man hurts. It takes time to come to terms with all of that. It takes time to stop feeling angry. It takes time to stop feeling hurt. It takes time to stop wanting revenge. It time to stop blaming yourself. And it takes time to regain trust in your fellow man. Just bear that in mind.

Blue

Unfortunately, people like MR rely on the people they suckered just giving up because it all gets too hard. They rely on their victims just shrugging it off and saying "what can you do?" I believe that reptalica should persist if he/she has the energy to do this, but the persistence needs to be tempered with careful consideration of the means, and especially the goals. MR has been scamming in NSW and Qld for a number of years now - one of my friends inadvertantly bought a snake from him which was (to me) obviously wild-caught, and which subsequently died. On another occasion I was actually in the house of a friend who MR beat down the price of a snake he (MR) wanted to buy, using their friendship as the lever. He then left the house with the snake, and immediately sold it to another person (outside the house he had just left) for a handsome profit. The guy is scum, but he's also a coward and moves from place to place as he craps in his various nests. It's unlikely he has any friends other than the dropkicks he hangs around with.

These scammers get away with what they do, and go on the relieve others of their cash (and their hopes...) because at the end of the day, it takes determination to stop them. The police have limited resources and probably little interest in following this up because of the small amounts if cash involved. I have no doubt he will be on some sort of government benefit because he is basically unemployable. You could try contacting Centrelink to report your stolen money, because he sure as hell wouldn't be reporting it as income.

Good luck reptalica, but be careful how you go.

Jamie

I do not understand why people are telling Reptalica to leave the son alone. He made it pretty clear that all he wants to do is sucker the son into telling him where his father actually is at the moment.

Not that clear.
I advise just working in with the cops, its only money not an arm or leg or a life. You now have all these threads on here, you go get in his face and things blow up you could very well find all this go against you in court. At the end of the day you'll make more money, and time spent enacting a vendetta over a loss of $600 is time wasted. Better off going for a herp trip or a surf trip and doing something good, with people you like and don't wory about him, his life will catch up with him for sure.
Except... now your a bit wiser, and if you learn from this experience it has actually taught you something, which in a strange way you should be grateful for.

Thanks [MENTION=4778]cement[/MENTION] appreciate your comments and apologies if I have offended anyone on here but my mere intentions were absolutely not to interfere with MR's son in any way shape or form in a way that could see me prosecuted. My past occupations have "taught me" that's exactly what you don't do and won't achieve anything.

I do like the sound of a herp trip mate........and yeah in all reality I might not even get there but I guess I'm a little more thick skinned then some in that when I get burnt my level of tolerance is a lot less.

Cheers and hope that explained it somewhat.

I was in all reality using the son to try and call his bluff where his old man is. So far he is playing ball.

Thats ok mate all good, I certainly am not offended.

And its not that I dont want to see MR get whats coming, Ive met him in person and been to his house and seen how he keeps animals. Just wanted to add that money changed hands......so that means its business...... and if losing on a business deal turned everyone into revengeful, vindictive mindset, then the world as we know it would be stuffed.
And to be honest, when it happens at the top (governments and politicians, police, the sick news thats coming out now about religous leaders and salvo's) it's almost understandable that its happening at the bottom. Doesn't make it right though. I just prefer to pursue happiness.
It has to be a sign of his stupidity though to even be on facebook doesn't it?

Yea getting revenge now is pretty much out of the question, all you can do is keep pestering the police and give them as much info as you can dig up on him, Jamie is right and you should report him to the fraud department of centrelink as they may reduce his benifits if they find out he is making money.

I know you are trying to stop other people being scammed by making these threads but its all evidence that will be used against you if you do manage to get your revenge, my advice would be to learn from this experience and next time somebody rips you off (hopefully it doesn't happen) keep quiet and plan your revenge, this guy would scam so many people that he really would have no idea who you are if you found him and flogged him.

I'm sure he has plenty of druggo 'mates' looking to flog him one.

Reptalica what ever you have to do to bring this matter to a close you do it. At the end of the day your the one who has to be happy with the outcome no one else. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back