Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giampd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am thinking about buying a baby Bearded Dragon and raising it, what will I need for it to survive in a Tank? And what size should it be? thanks

Guide To Australian Dragons In Captivity - Danny Brown.

All you need mate.

If you can afford it, get a smaller tank to start with, maybe 800 or 900 long is plenty for a young beardie. As it grows, it will need at least a 1200 long tank. A heat source and a UV are both necessary, as is a basking rock under the heat.

Thanks everyone I spent my whole day researching them and have learnt a lot.

What you can do is get a big enough size tank for when it's older and just separate the tank off while it's young do that way it over and d e with :)

Also you will need at least an 18 Watt uvb light that runs the length of the tank with a basking spot of about 35-40 degrees

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Giampd, if you are in Brisbane, pop into The Reptile Outlet at Oxley and have a chat with the experienced staff there and also check out our set ups in the shop. We're more than happy to help you out with the correct advice. If you don't live in Brisbane or close by, do you have access to any other reputable reptile specific shops in your area?
Also, plenty of research as advised above.
Cheers
The Reptile Outlet
Shop 6, 1118 Oxley Road, Oxley. Qld. 4075.
Ph: (07) 3278 2888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back