show us your exotic birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he had just left a branch :)

Thyla I guess you already know this but read your sig and thought i would clarify just in case. No birds can be brought into Aus (this happened in the past). Also not all native birds are on license and records actually do need to be kept for some exotic bird species. I too get frustrated with the different standards and correct info is the best way to battle it :)

My baby boy emerald in his flight suit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Danny gave TC Dylan a warning yesterday, so it left Townsville alone.... :lol:

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

Ms City showing off her wings

gettingthere2_zps6b2f54e7.jpg

Is it legal/possible for someone to sell and egg or baby/hatchling for you to raise yourself?
i know you can overseas and they claim to ship worldwide....

No they cannot legally ship you an overseas baby.

There is a government list somewhere of all bird species LEGALLY in Australia and their value/how common they are.

But no...no imports allowed.

Also shipping an unweaned baby would be incredibly stressful too it

Umbrellas are rare in Aus,
Sulphurs common being native of course,
And blue and golds significantly more common in recent years with $5000 being the standard. Some as low as $3500 but you get what you pay for...

Also id be very hesitant to buy a baby from someone who is happy to sell it unweaned

Even though I'm 99.9% sure the answer will be no, can you keep toucans here

Last edited:
Even though I'm 99.9% sure the answer is no! can you keep toucans here

you cant keep them,
Blue and golds you can as they can be but you have to make sure you have proof of it being breed in Australia. normally when you buy one they will give you the dna sexing certificate.
you can also get scarlet macaws as well.
price range for them now days are around 4-5grand privet breeder 6-9 pet shop prices.

Its always good to get to know the breeder as well.

but it was the best money ever spent, love my blue and gold, talks fully hand trained and to fly outside.

Only way to get them to sit still for any amount of time. A pencil!

PonyoandElroy3-1_zps0f0a55db.jpg

PonyoandElroy2-1_zps33da297b.jpg

HI All,

Some of the flock.

Sorry for poor quality, iPhone pixs taken by my son.

One day I might just take proper with the DSLR thats been sitting in the cupboard after purchasing the iPhone......

Last edited:
Some great looking birdies SOSS.

Here is a recent pic of Elroy, angling for a scratch.
13928846743_a6536b9dfb_c.jpg

Is it illegal to export birds out of Australia?
Theres just some guy on Facebook annoying the heck out of me by continuously asking me to send him some birds(major Mitchell's) and he's in Egypt!
Not that I would want yo even if I could cos I know it would put a lot of stress on the birds and I also don't keep the species he wants

It is illegal, yeah. Especially with a native like a MM.
Thatd likely be a scam, anyway, too.

Id be blocking the creep.

It is illegal, yeah. Especially with a native like a MM.
Thatd likely be a scam, anyway, too.

Id be blocking the creep.
I thought it was. I told him several times but he just keeps insisting...
i wouldn't be surprised if it was a scam cos he seems to have no idea about different species and stuff. Like he just said "he wants parrots, cockatoos and eclectus". He does know how many different species there are right???:facepalm: He just sends me a pic and says he wants these:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back