RIP Samson & Lulu

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakewoman

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I lost these two in the heat the other and tough lessons were learned.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/lost-2-snakes-fearing-rest-211349/

I spent the money I was going to use for surgery for Samson (recurring benign lump on his tongue) on having him cremated.

I had him for 3 1/2 years, he left this world in much better shape than he was in when I first got him and he was a lovely placid snake. When I first got him I thought he was female and called him Xena lol. I also initially thought he was a MD, I was still getting used to recognizing different snakes then. He was very thin when I got him but I fed him up and he came good.

Before

After

Lulu was 11 months old when we got her, she was a Christmas present for my Mother. She later ended up being my snake and she was very food oriented so she wasn't snake to be taken out and held but she was a beautiful snake. We had her for about 3 years. She was much smaller than Samson so she was buried in a pot.

I'm sorry for your loss. The plant and the urn look really nice though :). I think you have done them proud.
Chin up.

RIP Samson and Lulu.
May the rats in herp heaven be fat and juicy

Thanks everyone ;)

The others are doing well, I have a temperature gun I've been keeping an eye on the tanks with. I'll probably have them inside in tubs the next couple of days since it'll be above 30 degrees.

Sorry for your loss Tahlia. You've done an awesome job with the pot/plant and urn. :).
I recently lost a Jungle. I could never pin point what the cause was. Heat seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back though, so to speak.
I have my other four snakes in tubs (with a spray bottle for hydration every day or so) in my room until the heat wave passes.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure they got the goodbye they deserved. I'm sorry to hear about your Jungle, losing animals really sucks. It's a good thing that snakes don't seem to care that much about being in tubs for short periods of time like waiting for a heat wave to pass. Mine explore the tub and see if they can push the lid off, then they coil up and go to sleep.

:( so sorry to hear tahlia, loosing pets is awful. The urn and pot was a lovely idea.

RIP sorry for your loss. We are all here for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back