Angry little girl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kpross

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Tuggerah, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Just a quick question before i hit the sack. Got an angry childreni who is just over a year old and just took a strike at the glass as i walked past. Doesn't bother me that she is a little cranky, just bothers me that it was such a huge strike that now her bottom jaw looks a little deformed. Slightly pushed in and you can see her constantly stretching to try and correct it. My question is should i cover her up for the 1-2 weeks so she can settle in and with this jaw should i stress about it or just keep an eye on it?

Cheers in advanced Kiel.

Best picture of her jaw without annoying her off some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
My year and four month old coastal did that as I went to feed her a couple of weeks ago, basically the exact same thing, she fed straight after and she fixed herself so should be all good, keep an eye on it but.

It will be ok.. I had a Jungle do the same and it was a lot worse

Cheers guys! First snake that is a little angry so I haven't experienced this. First few were placid so not much of a challenge when they instantly love to be handled. Got her covered up just to feel a little more secure and to minimize the stress.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jaw will right itself when she yawns or next feed. I picked up a childreni yearling for cheap because it was psychotic, 6 months later and he's 3' long and dog tame.. dont give up!

I find it great how snakes are never ever 'fully tame', my coastal I mentioned every so often turns feral and doesn't want to hang out, then all of a sudden she's like a kitten again. Makes me wonder if zoos etc have had a big burmese they do for photos turn sour :/

So I gave the angry girl (which we have now named Medusa) a feed. She took it happily and after eating it I left her tank open to see if she came out on her own. After a couple of minutes she was poking her head out and having a look. With the assistance of a home made snake hook, I stopped her from heading under the tank or towards the lizard tanks. Had zero strikes and she only coiled once. Pretty happy with how much her mood has changed. See what the next few days bring after I let the yummies settle.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If they are anything like my spotteds they get bitchy around feeding day or a couple of days before hand and once fed they are just a dream to handle. One of my spotteds was really bitey her name is Miss Fang but now 2 years on she is more then happy to be handled even a day before I feed her but then other times she tries to get one of us. So hang in there and keep on trying to handle and it should settle. Also I find they really pick up on ur "vibes" so if ur angry or upset they usually don't want to come near you so try and keep urself calm when handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back