Setting up my Boyd's Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstone

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, taking the leap and got all my stuff today. Still chasing a feature tree trunk to base my landscaping around.

Will house 2-3 2 month old Boyd's and will give me a few years before I upgrade their enclosure.

atezyde2.jpg
atynemep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. If you want a resin upright tree feature, URS - Ultimate Reptile Supplies, have some nice bamboo and tree products.
I have one in my frog tank and attached some fake plants for the frogs to sit on.
tallfrogtank.jpg

That's what I've been chasing :) Thankyou!

Boyd's are in, little cuties.

ure3yjed.jpg
3uzenegu.jpg
matetaze.jpg

Congrats! looks like you've done well. Did you put the misting system in?

Congrats! looks like you've done well. Did you put the misting system in?

Yep it's in. Just got it on x2 20second sprays.

Struggled a little with feeding today but they all got a good feed after about 45mins of me running around chasing woodies and crickets on the floor. LOL

3ajurygy.jpg
e5u9u9an.jpg

Some more pics of 2 out of the 3

I find its easier to just feed them a stable of good crickets in the enclosure, and mealworms/woodies in a bowl with fluon every 3 days.

The misting times sound about right. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

They are smashing everything I throw at them which, is great.

Got a few more vines and plants coming to make it more natural for them.

Thanks guys, I have another 5 plants arriving so will post pics once I've re-scaped it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good. If you want a resin upright tree feature, URS - Ultimate Reptile Supplies, have some nice bamboo and tree products.
I have one in my frog tank and attached some fake plants for the frogs to sit on.
View attachment 304977

Which one in particular was yours?

Which one in particular was yours?

PX38-3 Upright logs with rocks - Large.
It is a bit under 90cm tall which is the height of my tank.
You may have to weigh down the base or even silicone it to the floor depending on how the Boyd's jump around on one this tall.
The base of mine is under water and at no risk of tipping as a whole. Adding a large orchid leaf plant to the thinner branch and having a pile of frogs sitting on it has a lot of weight high up. This has started to pull that branch forward by bending the base at its thinnest point. To fix this I bent the base a bit more till the two uprights touched and then siliconed them together where it can't be seen. I clamped them together for a few days with cable ties to properly set.

Attachments

• frog-orchid-cable.jpg
    frog-orchid-cable.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 48
  • frog-orchid-repair.jpg
    frog-orchid-repair.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 50
su8yjyzu.jpg

"I wonder what's beyond the glass?"

Lol

sy7ura9a.jpg

Added some more plants and vines have a few more spare as well!

Also some random baby pics

avaja8uj.jpg
ysavymeq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back