The scammer update....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @cement appreciate your comments and apologies if I have offended anyone on here but my mere intentions were absolutely not to interfere with MR's son in any way shape or form in a way that could see me prosecuted. My past occupations have "taught me" that's exactly what you don't do and won't achieve anything.

I do like the sound of a herp trip mate........and yeah in all reality I might not even get there but I guess I'm a little more thick skinned then some in that when I get burnt my level of tolerance is a lot less.

Cheers and hope that explained it somewhat.

I was in all reality using the son to try and call his bluff where his old man is. So far he is playing ball.

didn't you have ''connections'' and were going to get this problem looked after? but thumbs up for posting your plan on an open forum.....

Reptalica good for you for being able to chase this up. I hope that you get the information you seek from the son. As you said you are simply contacting him so that you can gain information on where his father is now living and a contact number so maybe you can give him a friendly phone call. It is great that you have been able to find information out and contact the son via facebook. I wasn't that lucky with this toad. For those who want to say it is only $600 and get over it. It isn't just about the money it is the principle of it all. I am sure if it happend to you then you would feel differently about it all. Instead of judging someone for sharing with us who were scammed by this toad also maybe some support would be more productive.

I thought for the most part(myself included)people were worried that OP would exascerbate the situaton and were only concerned he would get himself into hot water. I hope the rotter falls on a pineapple sideways(neked of course lol)

I'm with cwt here. It may be only a few hundred bucks, but it's reptalica's money, not MR's, and he was obviously scamming from the outset - MR set out to deliberately defraud this member, as he has done on many occasions in the past. The total would add up to many thousands of other peoples dollars, so if everybody decided to shrug this stuff off as too hard, he'll just continue to do what he's always done because it works for him, and YOU could be next. We could all do it and make handy cash whenever we needed it if there were no consequences.

The thing about fraudsters is that they are as clever as they are dishonest, and they improve their slippery skills whenever they're sprung, so they don't make the same mistake again. The one very big fraudster I had close dealings with in recent years was (and probably still is...) very clever, or maybe I was just dumb when I continued to take his word for things that were looking more & more dodgey every day. They are usually narcissistic people with an immense sense of entitlement... to your property or your money.

Do what you feel you must do reptalica, without putting yourself in harm's way of course. Not that MR is a threat to anything but your bank account...

Jamie

Well, speaking from experience, there is only two ways to go.
Take him to court, or settle it out of court.
When there is money changing hands then in a sense it is business. It might not be "normal" business but to say it's not the money its the principal is a load of crap. Reptalica has also stated that it was his "hard earned".
Yes, the principal part of it was wrong and yes it was also premeditated, as are all his type of "transactions".
So here is what you have... Are the police going to prosecute him? And do/will they activily pursue him if they get a lead on his whereabouts? The answer to this will give you some idea on just how big a deal the law considers him to be. Will the cops take him to court and charge him? Because, if that is not in their game plan then you are stuffed. You could try taking him yourself but it will cost you dearly and there will be no justice or recourse.
Or, you break his face.
Neither of these options will get your $600 "hard earned" back. Only one option will give you any amount of satisfaction.The other option will take more "hard earned". Will either of these stop him from being an immoral low life, no.

In life you win some and you lose some. If you are serious about trying to protect others from him, then what you are doing by putting this up here and sending his name around by pm is all you got. Unless like I said the cops are willing to take him. If they are then carry on and find his abode.

No one likes to be taken, it is a serious blow to the ego. Put that aside for a minute and look at the options from a higher perspective.

I heard a true story on Sunday. A guy borrowed $2 million to build a child care centre, and as it drew close to the time to open the centre, another one opened up in the same suburb at the same time. He thought he would do the right thing and let the bank know that his projected intake and hence cash flow would not be as high as first planned so he did. He called the bank explained the situation. 4 weeks later the bank sends him an order to sell the centre and pay the mortgage back. There goes his "hard earned". His job, his livelyhood.
How long does it take to recover from a $600 loss?
If its that important to you to be someone else's karma, then go for it, but your options are very limited now because of this forum, and it's always interested me how people will encourage others to do what they don't have the balls to do themselves.

Good luck.

Last edited:
It appears through having been chatting to a debt recovery agency this morning that there is an avenue through the bank for recovery. When this first blew up we approached the bank and lodged a formal complaint through them and if the respondant (MR and JB) hadnt replied by February 7th then I believe because it was as a result of criminal / fraudulent activity I may have a case.

Will update when I know further.
[MENTION=36789]champagne[/MENTION] - something has come across me and I've decided to approach this in a logical, sensical manner....."no contacts, no connections"......ah well, common sense prevails. :twisted:

When this first blew up we approached the bank and lodged a formal complaint through them and if the respondant (MR and JB) hadnt replied by February 7th then I believe because it was as a result of criminal / fraudulent activity I may have a case.

Have been following this thread but haven't said anything until now. You have put this on a public forum where there is every chance he is watching. If you were hoping to get a case by the above means then you have probably just alerted him and blown your chances.

Hardly. He and his butt fugly missus needed to respond by Feb 7th for the bank not to prosecute. I'm thinking they would have a combined intellect of a split pea and that's with all due respect to the split pea.

I believe the bank have their own insurance against those who offend.

Time will tell.

The bank can't do anything. Even you put the money into the wrong person account the bank can't transfer the funds back without permission, they have no power in civil matters... The only way you will recover your money is by going to the police and having him charged and then taking it to court to try and get your money back, naturally he will claim hardship as he is probably on the dole and only have to pay it back at $5 a week.

If the bank can't do anything and fraud is different as there are means to pay the money back to the person doing the frauding. The bank then takes the fraudster to court for the amount plus legal expenses. But if for some reason they don't go down this avenue then you can take him to small claims court you can get a baliff to serve the papers or do it yourself or have someone do it for you. You get court date if he doesn't show then it automaticly rules in your favour and it has to go to court close to where you live. An order to pay will be processed if he doesn't pay them you can send a baliff around and they will seize items to the value of the debt plus costs. So no $5 per week is needed.

If the bank can't do anything and fraud is different as there are means to pay the money back to the person doing the frauding. The bank then takes the fraudster to court for the amount plus legal expenses. But if for some reason they don't go down this avenue then you can take him to small claims court you can get a baliff to serve the papers or do it yourself or have someone do it for you. You get court date if he doesn't show then it automaticly rules in your favour and it has to go to court close to where you live. An order to pay will be processed if he doesn't pay them you can send a baliff around and they will seize items to the value of the debt plus costs. So no $5 per week is needed.

Because it's money transferred between accounts and there is a dispute about what he received from those funds, they won't get involved. Yes it should go to small claims but you have to find his address to have court papers issued so this is why you should have him charged criminally and once convicted it's a pretty open shut case at small claims. Also he will need items of value for them to be seized... If you are ripping people off $600 here and there I'd bet he doesn't have 2 cents to his name, in which case $5 a week will be all he can afford.

Maybe because he rips people of for their hard earned dollars he has things. He may move around but again that doesn't mean he has nothing. And even if he used the money he rips off from people for a gambling,drug,alchole or anyother habit then everyone needs furniture and a car and clothing and special items. All these are items that can be seized and sold a auction. I doubt very much though that he would have nothing with all the money he has ripped from innocent people. As to the bank I understand what you are saying regarding the transfer thing but each bank deals with these things differently.

I know you would need an address to take to small claims court that is why I said he will need to be served by etc etc etc. I wasn't saying that you can take him to small claims without knowing his address. Police may see this as a civil matter therefore no criminal charges will be laid.

Maybe because he rips people of for their hard earned dollars he has things. He may move around but again that doesn't mean he has nothing. And even if he used the money he rips off from people for a gambling,drug,alchole or anyother habit then everyone needs furniture and a car and clothing and special items. All these are items that can be seized and sold a auction. I doubt very much though that he would have nothing with all the money he has ripped from innocent people. As to the bank I understand what you are saying regarding the transfer thing but each bank deals with these things differently.

I know you would need an address to take to small claims court that is why I said he will need to be served by etc etc etc. I wasn't saying that you can take him to small claims without knowing his address. Police may see this as a civil matter therefore no criminal charges will be laid.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from and it's heresay on both our parts without having all the facts. Either way this guy should be charged and taken to court, I believe both criminal and civil. It's people like this that wreck the hobby and interstate/ non local sales market for everyone.

He didn't have a car when I had dealings with him. Used to rely on the goodwill of his friends to drive him around and keep him connected.

Jamie

scam

As most on here would know just prior to Christmas I was burnt by a scammer
dont be shy ,i got ripped off by a scammer on this site , i named him then got contacted by numerous members he had stolen from also, thanks to this site and its members he is now doin 9 months in prison , name the bludger. its a small world on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back