Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is phatty. Same as I call children's pythons kiddies.. :lol:

Hmmmmm, it is also a good idea to check out who runs some of those f/b groups, i joined 1 here on the north coast not knowing who ran it, and happened to see a for sale add for a large Albino Darwin at a rediculously low price, when i looked at who was selling it i noticed it was D.P, yes folks that D.P that everyone here knows and loves, anyway i made a comment about scamming and what not and the next thing i know i have been deleted by him from the group and had the whole thing turned around on me making out i was a scammer using different names, well having been deleted by him i had no way of defending my name so all the good folk at that particular f/b group now think Ron Halling is a scammer because D.P is the admin, the b/s part of it was i did not mention him by name, so be careful fellow herpers coz you never really know who you are dealing with on f/b and the anonimity of the whole social media makes it easy for these scammers like D.P to flourish. :( .................................Ron

NPWS in NSW are supporting facebook by stopping me from posting adverts on gumtree, even western australian license holders can post on gumtree LOL
So facebook classifieds and groups are proliferating like rabbits because of parks and wildlife at hurstville ,maybe they own facebook or are major sponsors.

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of wild caught, off license and/or exotics (mainly corns) on them is disturbing and the attitude of those selling and swapping them is disgusting!

Its because if you pay for a license there is too many silly restrictions about advertising , keeping and where you can post ads even while displaying your name and license.
There is a huge amount of keepers that have totally given up on the government system as we all know.

What ever happened to the days when rangers kept bush kangaroos and went near the bush

Last edited:
its the same on every site,

its called the internet

doesnt matter what site, its the same

some just hide it better than others

NPWS in NSW are supporting facebook by stopping me from posting adverts on gumtree
Even the legally licenced shops in NSW cannot advertise reptile on Gumtree! When I questioned it and explained how some shops are licenced, they argued it's Gumtree's policy to not advertise reptiles, and nothing to do with appropriate licencing!

Even the legally licenced shops in NSW cannot advertise reptile on Gumtree! When I questioned it and explained how some shops are licenced, they argued it's Gumtree's policy to not advertise reptiles, and nothing to do with appropriate licencing!

I heard the same thing from a pet store worker yesterday tiliqua, i suspect its all got to do with NPWS wanting people to buy from interstate so the grubs get their 27 or 30 dollars for the import tax.
If things were done fairly a shop could sell any reptile as long as they had a class 2 license holder looking after them etc
The system of licensing in general is no different from building and trade licenses etc issued by fair trading ,if you put your name and license number you should be allowed to advertise anywhere as they can check the licenses and if its out of date or dont match up they issue fines.
Pet shop would be the equalent to a builder and woukld have to display business name etc the gum tree blocking is pathetic .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back