Yay i got my roughie. Seeking help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want me to leave it alone?
Even with mucus coming from the nose?
Even with constant yawning?

I'm not trying to pick her up. I'm not trying to feed her. I am sitting 2 meters away from the enclosure plying on my iPad. I don't even think she knows I'm here.

If I leave her alone for a week will you buy me a new one if she dies?

Hey mate,

For a start I would suggest you bump the hot end up to about 35 deg C or so and appart from regular water changes leave it alone in a quiet part of the house for a week.

From what I've read this snake is very small and in poor condition for its age and you need to get some food into it.
If you can't get it eating rodents regularly you may want to try some day old quail and see if you get a better feeding response as most RSP (not all) love quail.
Once you get some condition on it (if it'll take quail) you can start trying it on rodents again....a
To give you an idea a healthy yearling RSP should easily be able to eat weanling rats or larger not a problem.
You should never knowingly buy a problem feeder it will mostly end in heart ache..

Id take her to a vet [MENTION=37618]jacevy[/MENTION] I'm not sure how quickly ri progresses someone would else on here would know. But better safe than sorry.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

^ what they said plus contact the person who sold it to you, they shouldn't have sold you the snake in this condition....poor form... :(

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the rough response.

I am beginning to think I am on the road to heartache. I'll go out this arvo and buy quail but won't feed her for a week. Every vet around me and even Clayton are booked out or away. I'll keep looking though.

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the rough response.

I am beginning to think I am on the road to heartache. I'll go out this arvo and buy quail but won't feed her for a week. Every vet around me and even Clayton are booked out or away. I'll keep looking though.
I'm not from QLD, but there is a vet I've heard is very good in Currumbin and is a herp vet.

Six words. Take snake back, buy new snake. You shouldn't have to deal with some one else's problem.

The breeder wants me to take her back with a full refund.
I am 100% happy with the breeder. They were very upfront about telling me what the go was. I think they didn't know it was sick.

I am being stupid but I feel so attached to this little snappy witch. I am sad but I know the right thing to do is take her back.

I think they will. They sid they are setting up a sick bay area for it as we type.

With the enclosure I obviously throw out all substrate. I can F10 the enclosure but what about fake plants and logs? Do I just F10 them or do I need to put them in the oven?

Best thing you can do is take her back, sounds like they'll look after her :)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Just clean them with f10, then when you get your refund and your looking for a healthy rsp send swampie a pm.

Yes swampie gives excellent after sales service and has quality animals, mine is from him.

With the enclosure I would give it a couple of strong doses of f10 just to be sure then let it dry out in the sun then repeat the process and all should be good.....for the plants you could mix a strong solution of f10 in a bucket and leave them to soak then dry in the sun....

Thanks again for your help everyone.
I will contact swampie again and this time wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back