Tiger Snake Rescue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
When i got the house a few nights ago in Sorrento, the snake was hanging by its head, jammed in a very solid back door of a house.
It was seen climbing up the door hinges, probably trying to find a cool spot by the lady of the house, who promptly screamed and slammed the door shut.
Now to me the snake looked like it had died from a crushed head, this door was completely closed,,,, and even locked.
When... I opened the door, the snake fell limply to the ground like a dead snake would.
I picked it up and checked it for life and found none.
So I bagged it up and left thinking "bugger".
Anyway, I get hope and empty the bag thinking now I have to dispose of this body and to my surprise, a seemingly healthy tiger snake comes sliding out, capable of a threat display, the head had gone back into shape and the backbone which I thought was broken seemed to be working fine.
Ill be watching it over the next two days and might even go to the vet and see if he will xray the snake to see if any bones are broken.
Im hoping the lady will send me the pics and videos she took on her phone so I can post them here.
This is the 2nd time a dead snake has reanimated on like this and I love it..

[video=youtube_share;IXoErqYuSNE]http://youtu.be/IXoErqYuSNE[/video]

azz.jpgazzz.jpg

Here is the same snake, ready for release.

tra.jpg

Unbelievable, I'm at our place in Blairgowrie currently, I see tigers out on walks, a bit distressing seeing the snake dangling in the door but very glad to hear he's ok . Amazing how resilient life is. Great photos, thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible. Just shows how these incredible animals can squeeze into small spaces and survive. They continue to amaze!

I saw this on fb but great pics. Good to see the tiger has recovered.

I'm quite sad I'm going to miss the VHS expo again this year. If only it was the week earlier when I'm actually in Melbourne.

Crazy how tough they can be. How long will you keep it brfore releasing?

The one that was stuck in the door was kept for a few days for observation before release. In this time he ate two mice and showed no signs of any damages.
The one in the bird netting was released straight away and this one was released yesterday.

[video=youtube;8sOKL_tmkmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sOKL_tmkmM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back