Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not expecting to many replies but Im really keen to know who has any RSP's that are showing signs of a developing lateral stripe marking variation from the head down. Im sitting on something pretty exciting (well I think so anyway) but I need more animals, especially a good male, to really get it happening. I know of a couple in nth queensland but haven't seen any others yet.

atavabut.jpg
ymajyjen.jpg
yvejamy3.jpg

A couple of not so good quick pictures before I put my newest snake in his new home.
a6e3y3u3.jpg
upujydyt.jpg

Thanks [MENTION=809]swampie[/MENTION]

Im not expecting to many replies but Im really keen to know who has any RSP's that are showing signs of a developing lateral stripe marking variation from the head down. Im sitting on something pretty exciting (well I think so anyway) but I need more animals, especially a good male, to really get it happening. I know of a couple in nth queensland but haven't seen any others yet.

Rather than chasing another striped one which people would be reluctant to sell, why don't you put the father over her to see if it is genetically inheritable.

Would love to see pics, of you don't mind sharing.

Just chillin.

I have a big female with this striping, this is something I'm also keen to work on, as I struggle to find many others out there with this striping.

I would of bred her this season, but my male was stollen and I was only able to replace him with a hatchling, which needs time to grow. He should be ready for next season though.

Just love how they are all pretending to be Ball Pythons! Totally beyond gorgeous :)

Can finally join the thread with one of my own!! Got him from the VHS expo, will grab some more once he has settled in a bit more.
emujunej.jpg
me2atuge.jpg

Just chillin.

I have a big female with this striping, this is something I'm also keen to work on, as I struggle to find many others out there with this striping.

I would of bred her this season, but my male was stollen and I was only able to replace him with a hatchling, which needs time to grow. He should be ready for next season though.
For starters that is a cracking photo! Onto the stripe issue Im kinda in the same boat. She will be ready to breed this season coming but I really only want to put a good looking male over her to give every chance of further developing the markings. Her mother has a stripe and one of her brothers but the guy I got her off has kept them to breed together in the future. Luckily for me though my girl had the best stripe and he has given me first dibs on any offspring but I would really love to find another less related male in the mean time. The first one I ever saw with a proper stripe was a nice male belonging to a guy in Cairns but when I tried to talk to him about it he took it the wrong way and I think I scared him off. If Im lucky Ill win lotto soon so I can make him an offer he cant refuse! lol! I tell you what to RSPcrazy, you show me your stripe and Ill show you mine?

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2563.jpg
And this is one of my other girls, Emery.

Last edited:
For starters that is a cracking photo! Onto the stripe issue Im kinda in the same boat. She will be ready to breed this season coming but I really only want to put a good looking male over her to give every chance of further developing the markings. Her mother has a stripe and one of her brothers but the guy I got her off has kept them to breed together in the future. Luckily for me though my girl had the best stripe and he has given me first dibs on any offspring but I would really love to find another less related male in the mean time. The first one I ever saw with a proper stripe was a nice male belonging to a guy in Cairns but when I tried to talk to him about it he took it the wrong way and I think I scared him off. If Im lucky Ill win lotto soon so I can make him an offer he cant refuse! lol! I tell you what to RSPcrazy, you show me your stripe and Ill show you mine?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 306190
And this is one of my other girls, Emery.

Funny you should say you saw the striped on in Cairns, I got my female from Cairns tropical zoo. She's going into shed right now, so she's very dull, but I'll see if I can get a photo of the striping tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's an old top view photo of her. It's pretty hard to see the striping from this angle, but it finishes where her neck stops doing an S and starts straitening out.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=35155]Cory_the_Cat[/MENTION] sorry for this horrific photo, but she refuses to stay still and when she does, she will S up, which hides the striping.

Alright, let's see yours ;)

Funny you should say you saw the striped on in Cairns, I got my female from Cairns tropical zoo. She's going into shed right now, so she's very dull, but I'll see if I can get a photo of the striping tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's an old top view photo of her. It's pretty hard to see the striping from this angle, but it finishes where her neck stops doing an S and starts straightening.

Alright, let's see yours ;)
Really? Haha the guy Im talking about works at the zoo! Definitely don't think that's a coincidence! Yours looks very similar to mine. I reckon there is probably a good chance they are closely related. I don't know why but I cant get my pics to come up big like yours though.
1488200_10151904931103732_2146082202_n.jpg

Really? Haha the guy Im talking about works at the zoo! Definitely don't think that's a coincidence! Yours looks very similar to mine. I reckon there is probably a good chance they are closely related. I don't know why but I cant get my pics to come up big like yours though.
View attachment 306208

Definitely looks and sounds like they are related. You wouldn't happen to know what generation from wild caught they are would you?

My pics are bigger because I'm using "Photobucket".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back