Venomous Snake Handling Course - Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wondering who you guys recommend for venomous snake handling courses in Brisbane (and the general SEQ area)? I know there's a few companies around who run them but just after recommendations from those in the know.

Thanks

If you have a group of people that would like to do it you could see if Sean McCarthy will make the trip. Might be costly but will certainly be worth it.

I have just found out that there has been a new permit brought in in Queensland and there is very limited people who can actually do the course at the moment.

Geckoes wildlife- Martin Fingland.
its not so much a change of permit it's more a case of getting ethics approval which wasn't required before.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have added that he runs regular courses from his place which is near Samford.
Pretty sure he has a website with contact details.

There are others around but I don't know them we'll enough to recommend and some that I wouldn't recommend at all.

Although l don't know him personally l have heard "plenty" of good reports on/about Martin Fingland"s courses. solar 17 (Baden)

Geckoes wildlife- Martin Fingland.
its not so much a change of permit it's more a case of getting ethics approval which wasn't required before.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have added that he runs regular courses from his place which is near Samford.
Pretty sure he has a website with contact details.

There are others around but I don't know them we'll enough to recommend and some that I wouldn't recommend at all.

Actually.... there is an additional permit required onto top of the demo permit. The new permit requires an animal ethics approval as well.

Go Marty

IMO...There's no better wildlife handler/teacher around

Cheers
Sandee :)

Anyone got his website? Google just brings up geckos children's parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back