Interesting, my pics but not my ad...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swampie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is in the right section or if it is within site rules, so mods if I'm doing something wrong please delete.
This ad on Facebook was bought to my attention by one of my customers so I thought I'd put a post up to make everyone aware. It seems the ad has been posted on multiple FB herp groups...I'm not an FB user or member I so can't check it out..

The pics in the ad are of my animals and were taken by me...poor form..

I assume allot of you guys are members of these FB groups so if anyone knows this person or if they are a member of this site please ask for the pics to be taken down..

Regards,
Alan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 440
There seems to be a lot of people trying to rip people off and using other peoples photos on Facebook at the moment. Not sure if the rise in this is due to it being hatchling season but you should report the photo mate.

I just tried to look. I can't find the woman anywhere as if she has deactivated her account. Skene reptiles is a closed group but I have asked to join. I'll let you know how I go.

yes! Report it and it will be removed

Hey Andy, how do I report the pic ?? I am not an FB user and never plan to be...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Miss Scarlett, Skene reptiles pulled it down for me straight away as I know him and made him aware of it....apparently she has the add on other herp groups as well though..

I don't think it should be removed, people need to be made aware. Every few days you see someone being ripped, here's a heads up. Making it harder for people to genuinely sell interstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think you need to a member mate, then there is a button at the top right hand side. Maybe you need to set up an account to keep an eye on things. The best way to avoid this is to watermark your pictures.

Just to be clear Skene reptiles didn't place the ad, it was Sandra ****, so if you go to her page and look through the groups she's a part of that's where you'll find the ads apparently.

I sent her a message saying that this was the intellectual property of a friend and can she please take it down before I report her to Facebook. Not sure how that will go but I can't report it to Facebook as the picture isn't mine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 10.21.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 10.21.31 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 257
Thanks Andy,

To be honest I'd rather the pics were kept if it means I have to join FB to get them taken down.....I loath FB...can you tell ;)

It has since turned up on a page that I am a member on so I can comment and said that the picture is not hers to post. Doing my best mate. Yes it seems you are not a fan, Mark Zuckerberg will not be happy.lol

I just logged into the misses FB account (made me feel ill) and checked out Sandra's page and went through some of the groups she is a member of and I must have come across 8-10 ads on the different groups and that was just a quick flick through, there would likely be more...

She is know to be a scammer.
epa6u6ar.jpg

I think that they have all just about disappeared now mate.

Last edited:
Are the photos of the hatchlings yours too? Or just the adults?
I commented on one of the ads, informing people that they are stollen photos.

She has posted on my group "The Aussie Reptile Room"
I have posted a link to this thread on her add, I was going to delete it but I think people need to be aware of what she is doing. PLease PM me if you want to to delete it instead.

Cheers Josh

Thanks Josh, the more people that are made aware the better, keep the pics up for a while till enough people have viewed them then delete them if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Alan

I have just sent requests to about 30 of the 39 groups she is a part of - all the groups she has posted in - in a bid to let everyone know she is a scammer. So far 2 have accepted, in which I have posted link back to here and your original selling thread.

I've checked out her profile. Says she has joined facebook 12 hours ago and she has 3 friends. Looks like she's setup this account for this purpose alone. Maybe send in the photo of her to Katherine, WA police and inform them. Photos show outback and it says that's where she's from...

Her account has been deleted. Just refreshed the pages she advertised in and her posts are no longer there, and I cannot access her page anymore.
Queen style "another troll bites the dust" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back