Interesting, my pics but not my ad...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ad itself says “Scam!”....

The term is “door step” not “door steps” and anyone who has been in Australia for any length of time would know that. You live in Darwin, not on it. Why include NT as there is only one Darwin and we all know where that is? “all days shippers” are “7 days a week deliveries or couriers”. For an Australia wide ad there is no mention of air freight or who pays the cost. For live freight you would expect a note about making the arrangements to suit, as you don’t simply want them dumped on your ‘doorsteps’.

As for “Pick up welcome”, this is just another con trick to make it sound more genuine. Most small breeders are reluctant to allow complete strangers access to their collection due to the problems with burglaries involving theft of snakes. We tend to tend to see women as more genuine then men, so I reckon Sandra might well be a male.

Based on the language issues it is someone of foreign extraction who may not even live in Australia and if they do have not resided here for long. A little research reveals that the surname “Kita” is of Japanese origin. I would be surprised if any photos of 'her' were genuine. I consider that this person has no intent of meeting buyers face to face. Instead, I reckn this person will withdraw their transacted monies and they will see nothing for it.

Blue

I thought swampie may be helping the 3rd world in africa ,i was skeptical yet impressed at the kindness and caring and sense of co-operation being displayed here :(

I thought swampie may be helping the 3rd world in africa ,i was skeptical yet impressed at the kindness and caring and sense of co-operation being displayed here :(
We may all argue at times but stick together when it counts .

Swampie obviously they are giving you free advertising... That one of the reasons I don't have fakebook everything is so fake. It's saying something about your snakes but they are stunning animals. I hope all the pictures are gone.

she also posted this is a smaller group I run called Feeder Breeders Australia.

Agreed.

The purpose to my post was to educate some of those people, if only a little, on how to critically assess a for sale ad. That is why I pointed out those things that did not sit right – both said and unsaid. It is also why I mentioned what not to allow ones self to be influenced by, such as gender and lines like “pickup welcome” (yeah, right... from an isolated, distant locality). Even the phrase “to new homes” infers a caring owner. And one thing I forgot – most scamming ads offer class animals at better than good prices.

Of course potential should also always ask for references (from other customers) and check them out. They need to arrange the transfer of funds so that they definitely get their goods before they part with their money and never allow themselves to be pressured into an alternative arrangement.

I just figured the ad was a good example for others to look at and think about. My apologies for hi-jacking your thread Swampie. It was inconsiderate of me not to ask first.

Blue

Not high jacking Blue, tis all relavent....

- - - Updated - - -

Should also say a big thanks to the people that bought the ads to my attention in the first place....You probably saved a few people from potentialy being ripped off...

G'day Swampie,

She has just advertised on RDU with your pics again an hour ago.
Now going under Pamela bosc.

Please report her ASAP.
Cheers, Dan

Last edited:
or maybe instead of reporting him we should just all pester him with heaps of questions which never lead to a ""sale"" , he might eventually get sick of dealing with reptile people and move on to some new scam

She was on a CQ reptiles page, and I gave it to her about how fake it all was, and that was before seeing this post.

actually i think you can report even if its not yours, i recently reported a skank who was using a nasty version of my name and posting nasty things about me and my husband on another FB page and i reported her and remember seeing in the 'list' i had to tick something about reporting on behalf of a friend....perhaps report it and link the report back to this page?

How about everyone comments on her ad's saying.
Just viewed these snakes, They are certainly not the ones pictured.
Very unsatisfied and a lot of time wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back