First feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slothicorn

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

just wondering how you think I should go about my Stimson's first feed at my house. He has already fed 4 times at Dolittle farm but it's his first feed this afternoon at my house. My breeder said that Stimson's pythons are nocturnal feeders but I was wondering if it would be ok to feed him late afternoon at around 6-7 o'clock. Also, my breeder said that once he has fed for me I should take him out of his click clack and into his tank once he has fed. Don't worry about age to move into a tank because he has told all his customers to do this with no problems and the tank is only 30x30 cm or around that. Should I get him into his tank just before I feed him or leave him in the click clack for the night?

Any help will be muck appreciated!

thanks!

That's not a click clack... Yer give it a feed and make sure u got a hide on the warm side and u won't c it fir a few days

That's not a click clack... Yer give it a feed and make sure u got a hide on the warm side and u won't c it fir a few days
ok yea I'm a noob still so still trying to find out what stuff means.:)
Ok thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I've tried to feed him just now. We dangled it in front of him for a bit and he bit it, but before he started eating, he let it go. We tried a bit more and he would get up and sniff it a few times and then back off. I left the pinkie in there with him and put a wooden lid on so it's dark inside. Is this the right thing to do?

- - - Updated - - -

If my snake doesn't feed and I leave the mouse in his tank with him over night, but he still doesn't eat it, should I re-freeze the pinkie or just get rid of it? Also, how long should I wait until I try again?

Probably a bit late now but if you leave it in there with him for an hour or so you'll probably find he'll eat it. I wouldn't refreeze personally. Especially pinkies, they're cheap enough to replace.
If you put him into a larger enclosure make sure he has plenty of places to hide and if you find he goes off food after moving him you should put him back into his smaller container

Ok thanks.

he fed last night! Yay! I also flung that he had shed, explaining why he didn't eat before. I have moved him into his proper tank and he is looking beautiful in his newly shed skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back