Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ADD so my attention span isn't always great but I've found that riding actually helps to develop a better attention span. The motivation of course is possible injury or death so it works well. I got my bike learners when I was 22, to start with my Mother was dead against it. These days she's the first to admit that she's never seen me happier and that I have more confidence in everyday life. Sometimes if I'm stressed or it's a nice day she tells me to go for a ride.

Buying my son a bike NOW!!! ------- not ------- he has ADHD------:evil::twisted: he would just take out TOO many others with him

Buying my son a bike NOW!!! ------- not ------- he has ADHD------:evil::twisted: he would just take out TOO many others with him

I've always wondered if I have ADHD or something... My boss just puts as: Lawra and her "oo shiny things!" *runs away* because I'm so easily distracted...

I dislike labels though and find them to do more harm than good.

Buy your son a bike because it will teach him more than you can.

I learnt more within the first hour of having my red P's than the entire year on my L's.

Stop being a helicopter parent :)

The worst thing my parents ever did was forbid me from doing things like a) owning a snake b) getting a bike license c) owning a bike d) everything else that I've done up til now :)

I learned more about concentration and what to expect on the road in my (almost) 2 years of riding a motorcycle than I have in 6 years of driving a car. I found it made me a better car driver. I sold my car last year because I wasn't using it enough to justify the cost of having it, I didn't drive any car at all for 8 months, then when I did I had to remember how to work everything again haha. It just doesn't feel right to me anymore :)

The amount of in-genuine, dishonest, unreliable and just plain RUDE people who are involved within the reptile community is absolutely disgraceful.
Im only 19 and i pride myself on possessing the opposites those qualities, and honestly I'm finding it harder and harder to continue to deal with this

Its disappointing because i think we all want to see the reptile industry expand in Australia, but how can we expect parents to expose their children to the amount of filth being spread by ADULTS!!!
your supposed to be setting a GOOD example for the coming generations.

#disgusted

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of in-genuine, dishonest, unreliable and just plain RUDE people who are involved within the reptile community is absolutely disgraceful.
Im only 19 and i pride myself on possessing those qualities, and honestly I'm finding it harder and harder to continue to deal with this

Its disappointing because i think we all want to see the reptile industry expand in Australia, but how can we expect parents to expose their children to the amount of filth being spread by ADULTS!!!
your supposed to be setting a GOOD example for the coming generations.

#disgusted

Pride yourself on possessing the qualities you listed? I hope that's a typo.

There are oxygen thieves in every walk of life, I don't think they're confined to just the reptile industry.

Can I ask what you're specifically referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to get my motor bike license!! That's one thing my parents would kill me for doing though. I'm 23 next week but they say I don't have a good enough attention span to ride a bike on the road lol.
I think that you will find that you will have more focus on a bike because once you put on that helmet you can block out the rest of the world. Go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was at Australia Zoo yesterday and we watched the tiger show that was literally minutes before the attack, glad we didn't stay after the show like my son wanted to do or the kids would have seen the attack. Glad to hear that the trainer Dave is doing well in hospital. I also had relatives over from England who are a little taken back from this and the fatal shark attack in WA the other day.

My whinge for the day, a certain keeper, wannabe breeder, enters animals purchased from respected established breeders into the Royal Easter Show as their own and wins 3 ribbons. Please, breed some of your own outstanding animals and enter them instead of claiming the glory from someone elses lines.

when you get bitten by mosquito's inbetween your fingers!! wanna cut my fingers off

When some rotter parks their whopping great truck and trailer across your driveway and your in a hurry to grab stuff and pick up your Child from school...... I just held my hand on the horn till him and every-one else came running out of the shops across the street lol He all but crawled into his truck(with a lot of choice adjectives ringing through the air lol)

Why are so many owners not willing to freight, I know it's a hassle but reptiles are so much cheaper down south than up here.
Is it heaps stressful on the reptiles, is that why so many won't?

Why are so many owners not willing to freight, I know it's a hassle but reptiles are so much cheaper down south than up here.
Is it heaps stressful on the reptiles, is that why so many won't?

No not that stressful on the reptile. Most of mine have been freighted with no ill effects. Sellers just might not want the extra hassle and to pay for permits when they can sell locally quite easily.

That and they may live quite a distance from the airport so they may then lose $50-100 off the sale due to travel expenses

Last Sunday eve, my landlord calls me to give me 3 weeks notice to vacate the place...because he wants to move his family to move in.
I love the place I'm in, it's old, it's run down but I always feel at peace & relaxed when I'm at home...so it's quite the shock, I'm getting kicked out.

After 2 days of panicking & trying to work out a strategy to get the necessary funds needed before I even attempted to look for another place...I decided to have a look at Dept. Fair Trading's website to see where I stood in the matter.

Turns out the landlord needs to give me notice in writing & not over the phone & more importantly, it's not 21 days notice BUT 90 days.

Hmmm....I can do the right thing & inform the landlord straight away that he has his facts wrong OR I can give him a taste of his own medicine & inform him on the 21st day...???

Do the right thing but try to be out by the 21 days, should be enough time to get a place if you take some time off, I don't miss renting or being in those kind of situations.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with those points made by Redfox and Silverbeast, in those situations it wouldn't be viable to send them by AAE.

Last Sunday eve, my landlord calls me to give me 3 weeks notice to vacate the place...because he wants to move his family to move in.
I love the place I'm in, it's old, it's run down but I always feel at peace & relaxed when I'm at home...so it's quite the shock, I'm getting kicked out.

After 2 days of panicking & trying to work out a strategy to get the necessary funds needed before I even attempted to look for another place...I decided to have a look at Dept. Fair Trading's website to see where I stood in the matter.

Turns out the landlord needs to give me notice in writing & not over the phone & more importantly, it's not 21 days notice BUT 90 days.

Hmmm....I can do the right thing & inform the landlord straight away that he has his facts wrong OR I can give him a taste of his own medicine & inform him on the 21st day...???

Give it a week, THEN, inform him of the 90 days written notice, chances are he knows the rules anyway. Just make sure you're definitely right first :)

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear your stress Cyper,where are you located,perhaps some can offer suggestions or help in other ways

Cheers guys. I inspected a unit yesterday & submitted my application this morning. I've another one to check out tomorrow morning.
Being the weekend, I guess I won't hear from either real estates until Monday/ Tues next week.
Depending on the outcome will determine how soon I inform the landlord that he has his facts wrong.
If I can move out within 21 days I will, if it's proving to be a hassle (& not worth the stress), I'll insist on the 90 days.

Yeah, hindsight's a great thing...I should've bought a place 20 years ago. These days, it's a dream out of my reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back