Northern blueys eating dry cat food video

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryBreaker

Reaction score
I usually feed a wet dogfood/vege mix to my blue tongues but after a recent conversation with another bluey breeder I thought I would give the dry cat food a go.

I trialled the dry food on some 2.5month old NT Northerns, they didn't bog into like they would the wet food , it was more of a grazing type of feed for them. There are 14 in the litter and most I think had a chew on the new tucker.

It was also a very hot day in Brisbane today so they may have been off their game a little as evident in them soaking in the water bowl.

[video=youtube_share;eyorpFNTWC4]http://youtu.be/eyorpFNTWC4[/video]

cheers

The idea is for it to not go off, once it's wet the clock is ticking.

slightly off topic,I fed my bluey a (fresh home grown)egg yesty and when I got home there was a bright yellow **** on the floor.I thought eggs were good food?but this went straight through her

They dont look impressed ,the amount of vegetable matter they need in my oppinion is way overated, they go nuts for cicadas ,snails etc which are plant eaters and swallow plants and stick in the process of consuming them.

Vetafarm sell a dry pellet for reptiles, why bother with cat food?

Because cat food is a much cheaper alternative especially if you're feeding so many... $8 for 1 to 1.5kg... As opposed to $20+ for 500grams...

I use the same brand but the Puppy Dry Food. About the same size pellets and I mix in a little of the Vetafarm Lizard Food.
It is in the enclosures for my Blue Tongues to graze on between wet food / veg mix.
They all just graze like yours and most seem to prefer the puppy food over the lizard pellets.

My only "small" concern would be for their hydration if they weren't good drinkers (water) which "could" lead to shedding issues which a lot of Bluey's seem to have as at this time my Bluey's have great sheds/sloughs but their/my food preparation is a pain but to see them all scoffing their bowls clean is a great reward in itself and to see them look like they have been dipped in baby oil (very shiney) is also a great reward so personally l am out to lunch on this one. solar 17

I have tried dry dog biscuits with easterns a few years back. They ate it but as it was just an experiment I put them back on to their normal diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back