Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my very first snake - stimson python. She's so placid :)
Great first choice... Pic would help... Locality and which table did ya grab yur girl from... There were plenty of nice Stimi's as usual

In defence of some breeders.A LOT of this years Hatchies are only just getting eating now and are not ready for these early expos.

Attempting to sell them for more because of the large crowds
Maybe just seeking to recover the cost of attending the expo-stall hire and transport. That is the whole point of online sales which avoid those costs and allow for cheaper prices!

I still get excited that we have expos at all. When I was wandering along aisles of beautiful animals with my kids today, I thought what a far cry it was from the grim days before licensing came in.

I don't think it was the best expo we've seen at Castle Hill, but still plenty to drool over - there were even legless lizards, for God's sake. All in all, a bit of an emotional ordeal for those of us who've already reached strict, spouse-enforced reptile limits. ;)

I got some supplies, but the best purchase of the day was from Rodent Farm. I've got a woma that went from being a pig to totally finicky eater. I've tried all sorts of things, but he's just not interested and will go a big chunk of the year without eating. Not today, though - I showed him one of Wokka's rats and he smashed it down. Curious to see if he was up for an encore, I popped another rat in and that went down the hatch as well. The whole family celebrated.

Any enclosure builders there and if so did anyone get their details???
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Any enclosure builders there and if so did anyone get their details???
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I didn't see any I was on the look out for racks and there was nothing :( first year I been.

Wokka - I will be buying from you in 2 weeks.

Fay - I'm with you on that, that its hard to have a stall if your hatchlings aren't ready to be sold yet. I was thinking about it but I've only got 5 available now so if a stall is $700 odd which I thought I heard someone say it was $250 odd? I would have to sell a few to make it worth wile. maybe next year if I'm still here at lease then I'll have a few yearlings available.

I thought the table was $150???... And Newcastle expo $80?? Could be wrong tho

- - - Updated - - -

In defence of some breeders.A LOT of this years Hatchies are only just getting eating now and are not ready for these early expos.
Very true Fay tho I have seen better castle hill expos... Do u think they will ever start pushing the dates back a bit to accommodate helping the breeders?

Great first choice... Pic would help... Locality and which table did ya grab yur girl from... There were plenty of nice Stimi's as usual
View attachment 305751
She's Mcdonalds Ranges and got her from Stuart Binder who was in the middle section, he had a whole table of Stimmy's. We're getting along just great :)

I wanted to buy #allthesnakes .

My boys had a great time, but wanted to buy EVERYTHING! We went just after lunch, it was still raining but no lines. Heaps of people in that hot and sweaty hall though!

The only thing we got was the Robert Johnson book (just missed getting it signed) and some multi vit powder for the beardies.

It made me realise Geckos and Womas freak me out a bit (it's the eyes!) and GTP are to die for. So pretty. I also am trying to decide between a Coastal and a MD for my next snake. I'm wondering if I should go to the Penrith show, or if I'd be too tempted...

I thought the table was $150???... And Newcastle expo $80?? Could be wrong tho

- - - Updated - - -

Very true Fay tho I have seen better castle hill expos... Do u think they will ever start pushing the dates back a bit to accommodate helping the breeders?

Breeders and commercial business stalls are different prices

so if I just wanted to bring some hatchies to sell how much would the table cost me?

I only know the rough prices for Newcastle expo
$80 for a breeder stall
$150 for a commercial store stall

The size of the stall is larger for shops so thats why they pay more =]

I got a 66% het axanthic from Calico lines Female BHP, will go good with my 100% male (percentages should have been the other way around I know).

Pick up when T gets back from holidays :) if only his magic looking white axanthic was FS :(

really thought there would be way more jungles and jags, and was surprised to see the amount of BHP there.

[MENTION=39735]schoona[/MENTION] if you are after some axanthic bhp's let me know and I'll pm you a seller. Top quality animals!

There wasn't many jungles because most are not feeding well enough yet to be offered for sale. There should be more at the Penrith, Newcastle and Illawara expos. Jags seem to have sold really well this year and most have been pre-ordered. There should still be some at the expos later on though.

@schoona if you are after some axanthic bhp's let me know and I'll pm you a seller. Top quality animals!

There wasn't many jungles because most are not feeding well enough yet to be offered for sale. There should be more at the Penrith, Newcastle and Illawara expos. Jags seem to have sold really well this year and most have been pre-ordered. There should still be some at the expos later on though.

Hopefully punch out my own :p
but his white one did look amazing (less grey than others I saw)

Makes sense with the jags etc, just thought castle hill would be the biggest expo so best of the best would be out

I was surprised at how many albino darwins there were.
My partner picked up 2 n.amyea from Knobtail Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back