Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you shouldn't take it to a vet. Read the hundreds of threads/posts on this matter on APS and stop thinking reptiles are like humans. Stop worrying.

Jamie

You could try taking him outside & letting him have some exercise on the grass - that usually makes ours go.

wow no need to be so rude, its better to be safe then sorry. I couldnt find anything else, i am new to the forum.

Last edited:
You didnt seem to pay attention to anything anyone said but Pythoninfinite.
I asked what you were feeding it as too small a food item may not need it to pass waste as there wont be any. 2 other people also offered an idea as to what may be happening but you havent acknowledged any of it.

wow no need to be so rude, its better to be safe then sorry. I couldnt find anything else, i am new to the forum.

He's not being rude, he's giving you good legitimate advice, no need to be so sensitive on the internet.

Chubbs14 unfortunately be prepared to recieve all sorts of reply's from those who are helpfull and kind to others who will go out of there way to be down right rude and nasty. Its called being a key board warrior! !! Because majority of people would not talk to people in person the same way they do over the internet. Good luck, as for your post like kitten asked what are you feeding him?

Have a look down the bottom of this page. Other threads same stuff.
What are you feeding it?

Chubbs14 unfortunately be prepared to recieve all sorts of reply's from those who are helpfull and kind to others who will go out of there way to be down right rude and nasty. Its called being a key board warrior! !! Because majority of people would not talk to people in person the same way they do over the internet. Good luck, as for your post like kitten asked what are you feeding him?

Just to be clear, although I participate in discussions on APS almost daily, I am not a "keyboard warrior" and I would never say here anything that I wouldn't say to someone's face. My most recent post on this thread was short and to the point. There have been other very helpful suggestions here, plus a few pertinent questions, from other experienced members. If all husbandry parameters are satisfactory, then it may come down to food size, but even if that's the cause of the tardy crap, it will crap eventually, even if it's fed only pink, unfurred mice or rats. GTP hatchies which may be fed only pink mice for the first three months still pass wastes during that time.

Jamie

Reading all this thread I have not seen anything unordinary and no rudeness but plenty of helpful suggestions from a wealth of experience ....yes people on here have different ideas but mainly things r quoted and miss interpreted [MENTION=1228]Pythoninfinite[/MENTION] hey Jamie? lol......But at the end of the day these people are genuinely trying to help you as a member of APS and the welfare of the reptile in question.....Im one of the worst at times on this forum and regularly get a slapped wrist from the mods but that's mainly me being a little cheeky at times....This is a place of many helpful people and I learn something new daily and ive had experience with all forms of animals all my life from breeding and flying birds of prey down to a Hamster lol....there will always be debates as this is a forum but its nice when we play nicely :)

Pete

Haha exactly it! I'm sorry I have a life and don't need to be rude over the internet. People are taking offence when I didn't even direct the rude comment at them, it was the person that said they are not humans. As for I am a first time snake owner I'm still only learning.
He is on fuzzy mice atm

Last edited by a moderator:
The food item is possibly being fully digested, if you up the size you should see a movement.
I have a yearling stimmi and she is on sub adult mice

how are u heating the clear plastic tank ? and have you up`d the food size from a pinkie ?

he is no longer in the plastic tank he is now in his 3ft enclosure ( i think admin must of joined two of my post together)

photo.JPG

this is him in his enclosure
and is on fuzzy mice.

Last edited:
Forget about "fuzzy mice" and give it at least a half grown/small adult mouse. The fuzzy is far to small a feed for that snake, you will then start to see a bit of out put from the critter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back