Silicon Sealants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invertebrain

Reaction score
Question,

Are there any sealants that are save for use around reptiles assuming all instructions are met, such as curing, etc..

There was a thread recently on this and got into a bit of a debate.... One of the mods may be able to throw up the link for u

[h=1]Selleys Glass Silicone[/h]
Selleys-Glass-Clear-310g-S_large.jpg
Selleys Glass Silicone is an acetic acid curing 100% silicone, which has excellent adhesion to glass and has been especially formulated for glazing and aquarium construction.

this is good stuff and there are quite a few dow corning :)

As long as the tube says "100% Silicone" it should be fine, these don't have the toxic mould inhibitors in them.

This is the one I will be using, it is stocked at bunnings.

Silicone.jpg

I've been using standard bathroom silicon for yrs... Make sure it's fully cured and u right to go.... The data sheets say bla bla bla that if prolonged water on it can give of fumes but snakes p e e on substrate or what ever so I doubt there be problems.... My snakes r in good health and I've survived 47 yr in my shower( tho I may be getting a little crazy ) ;)

Yea as long as there 100% silicone you shouldn't have any problems Roof and gutter and glazing silicons work the best i have found. Just let them cure for 48 hours or until the strong smell is gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back