Marbled Gecko's Liverpool sydney.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanode

Reaction score
These are everywhere around my area atm, i caught this one last night, and no i wasn't rough it, it dropped its tail as soon as my hand approached it.

i could go outside right now and probably find one.

I didn't think they had any business being in the Liverpool area?

PICs
20140216_233114.jpg

20140216_233229.jpg

poor thing. Why did you catch it for mate?

Come on guys, just a newbie. I know that none of you guys caught a marbled gecko in your life, but that doesn't mean you should post sarcastic comments. Maybe "yeah it's a marbled gecko, they ARE native to your area and you shouldn't really be touching them" a better answer???

Last edited:
Good one [MENTION=36635]NickGeee[/MENTION] . Any true herper would have caught wild reptiles as a kid. I have caught heaps and kept them for a while then released them. Many garden skink has lost its tail whilst I had eagerly tried catching them.

I think you'll all find that he caught it and posted it on another forum to get an ID. I see that you stayed clear of mentioning that your cat has been giving these guys a bit of grief and that you originally thought they were skinks.

I think you'll all find that he caught it and posted it on another forum to get an ID. I see that you stayed clear of mentioning that your cat has been giving these guys a bit of grief and that you originally thought they were skinks.
Thank for that, didn't see the post on arf...

Ah the extremely responsible cat owner that has an outdoor cat that lately he has been catching....................................

btw possibly a Lesueur's velvet gecko, Oedura lesueurii

Last edited:
Lol you thought the guys on the other forum were harsh on you about the cat...
Welcome to APS

He also said the tail came off on the tray...

Hi Ramsayi

Although Liverpool is within the distribution rage I very much doubt that it's a Lesueur's gecko. Over the years I've observed hundreds if not 1,000 (+). From the pic and given the shape of it's nose and location I'm inclined to think Tree Dtella.

Marbled Geckos look pretty similar but they don't occur anywhere near Liverpool.

Cheers,

George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back