Found out the cost to extend a rec lic to keep more restricted sp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

critterguy

Reaction score
Hey all, recently sent of a few questions to PALM about how to extend my QLD license to be able to keep more restricted sp on it so that I could breed my woma.
Here's their reply:
To have Restricted Reptiles added to your standard reptile licence is $206.00, this will take you through to the expiry date of your permit in 2015.
This will allow you to have unlimited Restricted and non-restricted reptiles, just NO venomous, you will be able to breed and sell unlimited womas.

There are no extra fees, just the $206.00 only

Hey all, recently sent of a few questions to PALM about how to extend my QLD license to be able to keep more restricted sp on it so that I could breed my woma.
Here's their reply:
To have Restricted Reptiles added to your standard reptile licence is $206.00, this will take you through to the expiry date of your permit in 2015.
This will allow you to have unlimited Restricted and non-restricted reptiles, just NO venomous, you will be able to breed and sell unlimited womas.

There are no extra fees, just the $206.00 only

That's cheap if it takes you through to 2015. Costs people in WA $300 per year to have a license just to keep Olives..

Unless I get a woma to breed with my one before I renew my license next year, then I think I'll hold off getting the extension until then.

I wonder why they want to restrict the number of womas you keep. Some weird regs in each state.

Yeah, I was hoping the restriction would have been lifted by the time our one was of breeding age but it hasn't, so had her up for sale and got told about the extension, well worth it considering you can usually sell woma bubs for $200-$300, so 2 sold would easily pay it off after getting it.

You can own two womas in QLD. So if you only own the one I would start looking for a girlfriend soonish, so you can look at quarantining for 12 months or so and then put them together after you renew your license and upgrade. You should make back that fee just selling 1 hatchy.

That way as it is $206.00 + normal license fee for a 5 year period.

[MENTION=16366]Snowman[/MENTION] it is fairly cheap to keep reptiles in QLD. I'm sure most people would have a fit it the fees were anything like those in WA.

I'm in the same boat, I've got two Womas and a GTP on the way before I realised, and my license expires in a year, so I'd have to fork it out again next year.
So a lucky family member just 'gained' a Woma.

That's cheap if it takes you through to 2015. Costs people in WA $300 per year to have a license just to keep Olives..

Thats because you have flower arrangers in control of things and were ill advised when licensing laws were put in place in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back